Struts and shocks for a 97 w/IRS

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I am pricing parts for my IRS swap and for a primarily DD what struts and shocks should I be looking at for a 97 w/IRS and red H&R lowering springs?

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Can't comment to the shocks for the IRS, but I really, really like the Bilstein struts on the front of my car.

poisonpony96

Established Member
i run bilsteins on one car and konis on the other, bilsteins are great on my dd, oh both are irs btw

How do you like the koni's. I loved my bilstiens sport valved on last cobra. New cobra has koni, right now they suck!! But have new ones on way. Hope they are better. Have coilovers so have to stay koni.

whtcobra1998

Jet Powered
Established Member
How do you like the koni's. I loved my bilstiens sport valved on last cobra. New cobra has koni, right now they suck!! But have new ones on way. Hope they are better. Have coilovers so have to stay koni.

i like mine but they are adjustable and are on my turbo car, it rides a little rough but i am also on 19's, but the handling is worth the ride

BraMas

Established Member
when I swapped the IRS into my car I put in Tokico D-Spec but I AutoX my car and I wanted the adjustability The softest setting makes it a nice riding and handling car the hardest setting is like driving a brick but great for handling. If my car was only going to be driven on the road I would probably go with the Bilsteins

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
when I swapped the IRS into my car I put in Tokico D-Spec but I AutoX my car and I wanted the adjustability The softest setting makes it a nice riding and handling car the hardest setting is like driving a brick but great for handling. If my car was only going to be driven on the road I would probably go with the Bilsteins

It will be primarily driven but the adjust-ability would be nice. Do they wear any faster if they get left longer on certain settings?

Users who are viewing this thread