Strut Tower Brace for a 2.9L Whipple

05Frlndr

Established Member
I'm preparing to install a 2.9 Whipple on my 2014 track pack GT. Does anyone know of a strut tower brace that will clear the blower and retain the use of the stock hood? Links and/or photos would be helpful.

Thank you

-James

ricardoa1

Established Member
I have the same question. But to fit the 2.3l FRPP Whipple. I found a picture of the Ford Racing Brace. Is this the only one? I see the H style fitting but I only found the Single beam ones under a TVS Roush. Anybody know if the black one fits the wWhipple? I don't think the Boss one clears the intake tube.

The two options are
The 07-09 gt500 FRPP black brace.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-strut-brace-0709gt500.html#

And the gray 10-12 FRPP

http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-struttower-brace-1012gt500.html#

I know the 10-12 fits under a Whipple I am interested in the black one for the 0709. It looks*more stealth.

Last edited:

SVTStampede

Established Member
I'm preparing to install a 2.9 Whipple on my 2014 track pack GT. Does anyone know of a strut tower brace that will clear the blower and retain the use of the stock hood? Links and/or photos would be helpful.

Thank you

-James

If you mean the newer front feed whipple, the instructions make it sound like the factory one fits.

Page 52, "173. Reinstall the strut tower brace (if equipped) by reusing the factory fasteners (13mm socket). Torque to 8 ft-lb."

I haven't done it myself to verify though.

05Frlndr

Established Member
If you mean the newer front feed whipple, the instructions make it sound like the factory one fits.

Page 52, "173. Reinstall the strut tower brace (if equipped) by reusing the factory fasteners (13mm socket). Torque to 8 ft-lb."

I haven't done it myself to verify though.

That would be nice, but I don't even think the stock strut tower brace fits over a TVS. I have a buddy that has one so later tonight I'll give it a try. Also have a friend with a Boss 302 so we could try it over the TVS as well.

imeyers302

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread