Strut top nut

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
Anyone know the size and pitch of the nut on top of the strut assembly? Installing strange struts with BMR springs later this month. Not wanting to take apart both stock strut assemblies just for two nuts.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
Lol, well the one on the car is M14 x something. Heading to the dealer later. M14 flange nut isn't exactly common

Fast Ford

Established Member
Anyone know the size and pitch of the nut on top of the strut assembly? Installing strange struts with BMR springs later this month. Not wanting to take apart both stock strut assemblies just for two nuts.

I have Strange adjustable struts and BMR springs on my 07. Yes, the OEM nuts fit the Strange struts.

barspen

Established Member
Getting the strut nut on "tight", but not "too tight" is a PITA. Not supposed to use air tools, so you have to use a small box wrench to hold the top of spinning.

Didn't get it tight enough one time before track day and it slapped around like crazy.

I finally started using a drop of blue thread locker to keep the nut from spinning.

Fast Ford

Established Member
They perform well for an inexpensive adjustable strut that covers a broad range of performance levels. The only thing I don't like about them is the lack of a more defined adjustment notch when adjusted. Coupled with the BMR drag springs I have on all four corners, they allow for noticeable weight transfer. I adjust the front between 1 and 2 and the rears at 5. The car is in the upper 10's and has more with additional adjustments, track time and the installation of a line-lock. As for rear tires I run M/T 28x10.5x15 Pro Bracket Radials.
How do they perform? Do they help keep the front end up during a pass? What settings?

Users who are viewing this thread