Strange noise

oregon87

Established Member
Calling all 00R owners. My R has a strange sound at around 2500-3000 RPM, under a load only. It very rarely will make the noise when free revving the engine in neutral or with the clutch in. As such, it’s been a pain to pin down. It’s a high pitch vibration/squeak, loud enough that it can just be heard outside of the car. I’ve looked under the car for the obvious. Driveshaft, exhaust vibration, etc. I am curious if anyone else has experienced a similar noise. It should be noted that I’ve got the Bassani cat back exhaust currently on the car. It’s been on it since I bought it almost 5 years ago. Short of mounting a GoPro under the car, any ideas?

oregon87

Established Member
It goes away when you come off the throttle. So, by extension, the noise does disappear when pushing in the clutch, but not as a result of it. I’ll try to grab a iPhone vid of it next time I have the car out. It’s somehow load related and I swore it was a high frequency exhaust vibration, but I can’t recreate it with the car not moving, nor can I find anything obvious. May have to put it on a lift and investigate closer.

Users who are viewing this thread