Strange Coil Overs - stock bilstein struts?

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
Working on installing a Team Z K member kit with Strange Coil overs..

Has anyone used strange coil overs with stock struts?

Anyone have recommendations on an adjustable strut? ( i was thinking of buying strange)

As you can see, the strange sleeve does not fit around the stock strut bracket
file-1.jpg

The Team Z stuff looks to be built well! I'll followup with my opinion of fitment later:

file.jpg

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
pretty sure your gonna have to either A, get a coilover setup made for the bilstein's.. or B, get a diff brand/set of struts.. I am running coilovers on mine, but with lakewoods.. i really wanna switch struts!! these are nice at the track, but not for heavy street driving.. i am going to adjustables!! i have a few buddies running the strange 10 ways, and they ride good on the street! adjust them for the track, and they work very well!! most likely the strut ill switch to.

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
The fit is good!

I used the two studs sticking out of the front of each head (one is used for aftermarket idler mount) and a load leveler / cherry picker to support the engine.

file-2.jpg

file-15.jpg

The build quality is great, and looks good!

file-12.jpg

file-8.jpg

file-9.jpg

There are only a couple of issues I've ran into:

Brake lines have to be slightly bent out of the way:
file-21.jpg

And the balljoint stud seems like it's fox body length (longer than sn95.) I'll have to run some sort of spacer under the castle nut if I want to take advantage of a cotter key:

file-6.jpg

It's obvious that working on the car will be much easier! Look at the room around the starter:

file-19.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread