Storing cobra with E70-E85.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey guys!

I know this topic has been covered a handful of times.

But this year I'm contemplating on storing the cobra with E70-E85. Currently the car has E70 in it. And honestly, I probably put 200 miles on it this year unfortunately.

So what's the difference if I store it with ethanol, because it's sat most of the summer with ethanol in it already.

I do plan on using up what's in the tank and getting fresh ethanol. Heck I still have a 5 gallon VP jug with E70 in it from a few months ago...

I also always use Lucas ethanol treatment.

This will be the first winter that my cobra will be stored in a heated shop. I plan on keeping the temperature between 55-60 degrees all winter.

So what would you guys do?
IMG_20210813_212843295.jpg

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I have stored mine with full tank for many winters with ethanol stabilizer, no issues. I do run a dehumidifier in my shop year round.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I have stored mine with full tank for many winters with ethanol stabilizer, no issues. I do run a dehumidifier in my shop year round.
A dehumidifier is a good idea. I may need to get one.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
A dehumidifier is a good idea. I may need to get one.

A couple years ago we had those 3 80 degree dew point days and every damn tool in my tool box that wasn't stainless or coated flash rusted. Had a dehumidifier ever since.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
A couple years ago we had those 3 80 degree dew point days and every damn tool in my tool box that wasn't stainless or coated flash rusted. Had a dehumidifier ever since.
I just get worried about them leaking. I could set it in the bathroom where there is a floor drain.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I just get worried about them leaking. I could set it in the bathroom where there is a floor drain.

It just gives you an excuse to check the shop every day. I've never had one leak on me, but I never have set up a hose for one, I just dump the bucket on my grass. Once Fall hits, you empty out a lot less.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
It just gives you an excuse to check the shop every day. I've never had one leak on me, but I never have set up a hose for one, I just dump the bucket on my grass. Once Fall hits, you empty out a lot less.
True.

I'd almost go there daily. I've heard some that have never shut-off when full. But it would be pretty easy to clean up on my polyurea floor.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Just fill the tank up and call it good. I have never done anything special with e85 and my car has sat for long periods of time in a regular garage. What's far more important is injector maintenance. Non-stainless injectors are known to stick from e85 when they sit.
Awesome .

I'm running id1000 injectors. Not sure what material they are.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Been storing my 2012 for the last 3 years on E85 without any issues. I too run Id1000 injectors and have seen zero issues with them or any other parts.
I bet my car hasn't seen 500 miles in those three years. Starts and runs like a top every time.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Those are not stainless. Plan to yank them and clean them in the spring. We have a local guy who does a great job. Log into Facebook
If I have to yank them just because I stored the car with E85 than it's not worth it to me. I'd rather switch it over to 91 non oxygenated fuel like I've done for many years.
Been storing my 2012 for the last 3 years on E85 without any issues. I too run Id1000 injectors and have seen zero issues with them or any other parts.
I bet my car hasn't seen 500 miles in those three years. Starts and runs like a top every time.
Good to know!

Dusten

Established Member
If I have to yank them just because I stored the car with E85 than it's not worth it to me. I'd rather switch it over to 91 non oxygenated fuel like I've done for many years.Good to know!

If you start it once in a while it'll be fine.
I run the 1050x so I don't worry about it.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
If you start it once in a while it'll be fine.
I run the 1050x so I don't worry about it.
I suppose I could do that. I've always just left the car sit once in storage. But now that it's in the shop it might get moved around once in awhile.

MG0h3

Established Member
I’ve left the same tank of fuel in my car for over six months. Start it after 3.

I’m definitely in a drier climate though.

Must be five years now and it’s never seen anything but E85

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You have options from above posts. Just pick the one that is, for you, the easiest one to move forward with.

GodStang

Established Member
I have run it since I think 2016. I drive about 50 miles a year if that. I do nothing. I had FRPP80s and zero issues and now running Bosch 210lbs and zero issues. It sits in our rack bay, so it does get started and moved every month or so. I am in the south east so there is a little bit of humidity.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
This car has run E85 since 2009. FMS 80s. It sits for long periods, but not 5 months. Probably gets started no longer than 8 weeks between. The injectors have never been pulled. It starts, runs and WOT flawlessly. Never used any additives. Texas pump E85.

Users who are viewing this thread