Stop Complaining About Minor Traffic Violations!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
To all the people that come into this forum or other forums complaining about being stopped for what you consider minor traffic violations, you need to remember a few things.

1. You decided to break the law, not the officer!
2. The officer didnt write or vote for the law/statute, nor did he recommend its content!
3. The officer doesnt have better things to do than to enforce the law, even if you dont agree with that particular law.
4. Believe me when I say any L.E.O. would rather stop a rape, murder, burglary, etc. rather than listen to you complain about being stopped for no front plate, tinted windows, 7 mph over, failure to yield, speed not consistant with conditions, etc.!

Additionally, if you give an officer Probable Cause for a traffic stop you have invited the encounter. The officer is not picking on you or harassing you.

Traffic stops are where a lot of very bad criminals are caught. It is this encounter where warrants are discovered as well as drugs and weapons. The simple traffic stop often leads to arrests for serious felonies. So, the next time you are stopped because you invited the encounter and then let go with a warning, dont come here and complain about the officer, thank them and be done with it!!!

NOTE: Tickets can be amended. If your information is incorrect, but you and your vehicle are identifiable the ticket is still good.

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
Nicely put Adam. :beer: These threads in here are getting a bit too much.

Last edited:

Mike McRann

Established Member
I have decided to remove my entire post to avoid any problems with the mods and the membership. Sorry for any inconvience my post may have created.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Come on Adam.

If they didn't post here I would have to read all the drivel on Smackdown to listen to the complaining.

You don't think that all the posts are going to be from people that really want factual information, do you? :lol1:

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
yeah, i have a GUARENTEED way never to recieve a ticket.......................don't brake the law.

granted I do and if i get caught i will be mad granted, but still i know i did it so i have noone to blame but myself

a big thumbs up out there to all the LEO officers on the board, comming from a person who wants to become one

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Oh, and routine traffic stops evolving into criminal activities... I'd have to say that this in no way equates to all drivers stopped in routine traffic stops being criminals.

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
05 Roush said:
Oh, and routine traffic stops evolving into criminal activities... I'd have to say that this in no way equates to all drivers stopped in routine traffic stops being criminals.
true, as far as "serious criminals(iemurder,rape ect) but...

if you brake the law, even if its just a traffic law, its a crime is it not? that makes the person behind that a criminal doesn't it?

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
timpryor said:
true, as far as "serious criminals(iemurder,rape ect) but...

if you brake the law, even if its just a traffic law, its a crime is it not? that makes the person behind that a criminal doesn't it?

Comparing rapists, thieves, and the general thuggy criminal felony population to speeders is ridiculous, regardless of the context or outcome of the stop.

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
timpryor said:

That depends on which State your in. Hawaii "decriminalized" the vast majority of its traffic laws in 94. Gone are the days of arresting the jerk who gave you a hard time about a seatbelt citation!

As for the States that still have all traffic offenses as criminal offenses, the I guess you're right. The minor traffic offenses makes you a quasi-criminal, a little baby criminal, the diet coke of a criminal!!

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Well Adam, I only have a few things to say.
:thumbsup:
:beer:
:rockon:
And more
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Not while driving of course. lol

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
05 Roush said:

No one said it did, well, except you in support of yet another off-target post.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
mswaim said:
No one said it did, well, except you in support of yet another off-target post.

Not true. Justifying stopping people because it "routinely" digs up felons is at the very heart of the matter.

That should be a byproduct of traffic enforcement, not a major reason to do it.

white ghost

Established Member
05 Roush said:
Not true. Justifying stopping people because it "routinely" digs up felons is at the very heart of the matter.

No one said that a routine traffic stop is justified by the chance of uncovering some other serious threat. All that was made mention, was that the average person does not realize how many felons are caught due to traffic stops, Ted Bundy was stopped because of an equipment violation(I think a tail light) so tell me, would you rather LEO's not stop these "minor" violations, and let some sick, twisted pyscho rape and kill YOUR mother/wife/sister/daughter? I think that whoever has the thoughts that LEO's just stop you, to harrass you need to take a second and think about how awkward/unnerving it is to approach a vehicle that you cant see inside of, or stop that car at ten o'clock at night for a out tag/brake/headlight and as you walk up to the vehicle, the only thing that goes through your head is "is this going to be a good citizen, or is this going to be the SOB that tries to take my life tonight?"

So I guess in summation what I'm trying to say is: :rockon: for Adam, and don't you dare try to knock someone for doing a job that has to be done, that you arent willing to do!!!!!!!

Last edited:

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
05 Roush said:

All you have done is twist Adam's point to fit your logic - as flawed as it is. Once again you show your lack of knowledge of the subject matter.

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Established Member
oldmodman said:
Come on Adam.

If they didn't post here I would have to read all the drivel on Smackdown to listen to the complaining.

I understand and I feel your pain :p

oldmodman said:
You don't think that all the posts are going to be from people that really want factual information, do you? :lol1:

I have a dream! That one day people will be able to read and follow the guidelines and rules for this particular forum, until then I will use my edit/delete button :banana:

FordSVTFan

Established Member
05 Roush said:
Comparing rapists, thieves, and the general thuggy criminal felony population to speeders is ridiculous, regardless of the context or outcome of the stop.

Jeff you are missing the point, a traffic stop with P.C. is lawful and expected. If you create P.C. for a traffic stop, dont complain about the reason later, even if you or other consider it a minor violation.

If you and others dont like being stopped for minor violations, dont commit them. If you dont like the rules, get elected and change them.

The point is even though they appear minor to the average "law abiding" citizen, to the L.E.O. it is an opportunity to see if more serious offenses are being committed or stopped.

Last edited:

Whitewolf

96 Mystic Cobra
Established Member
I am not sure where you law enforcment officers live but I really wish more of you were here in the "lovely" Mojave Desert. You wouldn't know what to do, I am not being a smart a**. You would have people to pull over all the time, I live 150 south of Las Vegas now we get LA traffic you know the people who think just because they buy a high end car they car go to the high end of the gauge in the dash. NOT ALL people before I get hate mail and stuff. But people I live here in CA and been to Vegas of course and I am here to tell you VEGAS DOES NOT CLOSE!! I know your afraid of this as I am going 75 and you are passing me at 100 EASY!! but, it is OPEN 24/7 365 I PROMISE YOU!! I just don't get it. People complain about getting pulled over because THEY did NOTHING wrong and they wonder why officers take such precaution when they do pull someone over. HELLO THINK PEOPLE!! They like their lives and so do the families they go home to. I in all honesty don't think they in 90% of thier cases are protected enough and the public who complains are the ones who most likely have wrap sheets now or one point in time bigger than Webster's. I think if the public spent one day with an officer they would change their minds. My husband was SGT in the Army in Iraq and for the people who don't know they are the ones who don't care and complain about anyone who is enforcing law and will enforce the law. Keep up the good works fellas I as well as my family thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread