Stone entry with a gate

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
We we built back in 2016, for some reason our builder didn't give us a nice entry. It was just a 12' gate flush with our fence. This was problematic as my truck would stick out into the street while waiting for our gate to open. So, with the Covid-19 epidemic, we thought it might be a good time to get some cheap labor and redo our front entry.

We had enough matching stone from our house sitting in our back lot to complete the work, so it just came down to labor basically. We reused our existing gate, and brought it 18 tons of road base to redo part of the driveway. Gate runs off solar and batteries, we don't have power out there.

The gate is 12' wide. Stone walls are 6' tall, pillars are 7' tall.

All in costs:

Stonework, including concrete footings: $6500
Fence work: $500
Gate work: $600
Road base and installation: $1000

So $8600 total. Trumps stimulus paid for a good chunk of it :D

Entry Gate - Copy.jpg

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Looks nice, but the one picture you’ve posted is inexcusable.

Also, is it out there all by itself? When does the stone wall get built?

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
What's keeping someone from driving around your big walls and gate? I kid, I kid! I'll judge you by the fence you build.

The fence is already there. Its been up for 4 years. It's a 5 foot woven wire fence. Keep all but the smallest critters out. You can see the metal poles every 6 ft or so in the yard.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, that crew definitely was the right one for the job. Nice that you had prior experience with them.

Users who are viewing this thread