Stolen: $10k Engine - Phoenix AZ

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
The company I work for builds late model LSX engines. We sale tons of them without issue, except this time. Scammer bought the engine and then disputed the charges. Its a bad deal all the way around and we are working with the police in both towns and paypal to get our money back, but if anybody heres or see's anything please let us know.

If you know any info please contact my work through FB or phone (all info is on the FB link provied), the department that is investigating the incident is different than the one I work in.

Its a long shot but if your tip leads to this guy getting caught our work has offered a reward. Heres the FB link. The post is pinned to the top of the page.

thanks

https://www.facebook.com/pg/tickperformance/posts/?ref=page_internal

nxhappy

Established Member
was this person an international buyer or something? why can't your company prove the engine was built and shipped?

Kiohtee

Established Member
Wow, I had no idea you work for Tick. Good luck to y'all recouping the money/engine!

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
That sucks man. Does the freight terminal have video surveilance? maybe you could post a photo of the guy from that.

Have you plastered this on the camaro, corvette, and mustang facebook pages?

nxhappy

Established Member
when you sent it to the freight terminal, who was it consigned to? The name on the paperwork has to match the name of the person picking it up. If the terminal released the freight to somebody else (without ID) you can take action with the freight company. Also as said above, have the freight company look at their cameras if they have any. They might also catch his vehicle plate number. I am assuming you sent the POD (delivery sign off) to paypal showing that it was picked up ???

getTwisted

Established Member
The Terminal gave the engine to somebody not matching the description of the buyer. So we are dealing with them as well since they made a major boo boo. They did however get the drivers license of the guy that picked it up and the tag number. We posted his license on FB but it was flagged and reported and FB took the picture down.

alejandro manuel dominguez rodriguez was the name on the drivers license.

AZ driver's license number: D07356287

Last edited:

getTwisted

Established Member
was this person an international buyer or something? why can't your company prove the engine was built and shipped?

The buyer said he lived close to Phoenix. We can prove the engine was built and shipped but if the scammer used a stolen CC then we still lose. The reason why it seemed so legit is because most of the time its hard to make a $10k purchase on a CC without throwing up some red flags at the time of purchase. It took 2 weeks before the charge was disputed.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Sounds like the terminal is responsible for the 10k if they gave it to the wrong person. The guy who picked it up, and the scammer if its two different people, should be charged with theft too. But at the end of the day the shipping facility screwed up.

getTwisted

Established Member
Sounds like the terminal is responsible for the 10k if they gave it to the wrong person. The guy who picked it up, and the scammer if its two different people, should be charged with theft too. But at the end of the day the shipping facility screwed up.

That what we think too.

nxhappy

Established Member
did you declare a value on the shipment? If not, I hate to tell you, but they will probably only pay out .50 cents per pound.

I think right now your best bet is camera footage, if they have it. The guy picking it up probably used a fake ID.

This is why I ****ing hate paypal. they are ALWAYS on the buyer side.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
did you declare a value on the shipment? If not, I hate to tell you, but they will probably only pay out .50 cents per pound.

I think right now your best bet is camera footage, if they have it. The guy picking it up probably used a fake ID.

This is why I ****ing hate paypal. they are ALWAYS on the buyer side.
He mentioned a CC, not paypal.

nxhappy

Established Member
save that POD signature, that is going to save your ass

Users who are viewing this thread