Stockish 14 GT, New Timeslips

Jdm351

Established Member
Took the car out tonight. Tried a slipping clutch technique to avoid the clutch protection and it seemed to work a little better than a straight dump. So got a best 60 ft of 1.80. Nothing too exciting, but considering the drag times calculated da of 2200 ft and that my last trip netted a sorry 1.89 best I was super happy. My previous best was 12.7 @110.8. I also added a few gallons of 100 octane vp. I had datalogged knock retard of 1-2 deg on good ol' AZ 91 and tonight I had "0" knock on the logs. Based on my weighted fuel balance, I had a little less than 94 octane in the tank. I'm really fighting the urge to tune this thing. Mods in my sig, and on 26x10.5x15 ET Street Bias Ply.

4.17.15 Timeslips.jpg

Last edited:

evil281

Established Member
Nice job, I really wish I could have gone out last night. I can't find my helmet so it looks like I need to make a trip to the store before I can make it out to the strip. I'll hit you up though as I'd like to meet you.

Jdm351

Established Member
I picked up a cheap helmet on Amazon for like $50. I'd recommend it if all you do is use it at the track. It smells like China though.

evil281

Established Member
I picked up a cheap helmet on Amazon for like $50. I'd recommend it if all you do is use it at the track. It smells like China though.

I hate to support China but since I sold my motorcycle I really just need one so they will let me run at the track.

Jdm351

Established Member
So basically all you have is a tire? Ab does nothing power wise. The would Real help.
Yes, tire and the noise from my mufflers only. Either my driving or the stock tune is probably killing the 60' by .1-.15. So I think in better air and with a tune it may be close to 11.99. That'll be my next purchase but not sure it'll happen til I run out of my 3/36.

GrabUblue

Established Member
Good times op . I've ran 7.9 with just 26-10s & ab. Slipping the clutch from 4- 4.5k rpm, 1.7 60'.
I have lca, drive shaft, shocks and struts now, just haven't made it back to the track.

Jdm351

Established Member
Good times op . I've ran 7.9 with just 26-10s & ab. Slipping the clutch from 4- 4.5k rpm, 1.7 60'.
I have lca, drive shaft, shocks and struts now, just haven't made it back to the track.

7.9x is awesome. With the driveshaft and suspension, it ought to push you a bit lower. Maybe a 7.7x? Not sure how it is in tx, but in the phx area, we have shitty gas, generally poor track prep, and relatively high da.

GrabUblue

Established Member
Pump 93 here, track prep is hit and miss. My goal is a 7.6 with no tune. I need to get a drag wheel setup, still rolling heavy Brembos up front

Jdm351

Established Member
Pump 93 here, track prep is hit and miss. My goal is a 7.6 with no tune. I need to get a drag wheel setup, still rolling heavy Brembos up front
Let me know how much gain you see from the skinnies up front. I have that in my list too. I know I saved 20+ lbs per wheel on the rears. I have the base gt 18s. I bought the weld rts for my rears so I'm locked in to paying $500 per front wheel to get that setup. I wanna know it's worth at least .15 in the 1/4 before dumping that cash.

Users who are viewing this thread