Stock t56 w/ upgraded input shaft vs t56 magnum

myslowstang

Established Member
What is the difference between the stock trans with the upgraded input shaft vs the t56 magnum?

Basically I'm trying to decide which way to go. I busted my input shaft on the stock t56 at the strip so the plan was to just upgrade my input shaft but now I'm thinking that maybe I should just upgrade the trans all together. The stock t56 is in great shape, besides the broken input shaft of course, so would it be worth it to upgrade to the t56 magnum? The car is a street/strip car, SRA swap w/ 3.55, and makes over 500 rwhp on a ported blower. No plans to upgrade the blower yet but that may change in a few years.

What would be the major differences between the two? What do you guys think I should do?

oldmodman

Established Member
A lot of people got the Magnum just for the amazingly smooth shifting that you will get. Plus, you can change the gear ratios when ordering it if you choose to.

Then put your shock input shaft (if you still have it and it's not damaged) back in your stock T-56 and sell it to offset some of the cost.

myslowstang

Established Member
If I did get the Magnum I would sell the stock trans. Just wanted to know the difference between the two. Is there much if a strength difference once the input shaft is upgraded?

Users who are viewing this thread