Stock sound system

MR.SCOOPINATOR

Established Member
my stereo desided not to eject the cds i have in the system. It just keeps giving me the err sign. Any tips on how to get the dam cds out . thanks:beer:

lostwhat83

Established Member
Use a credit card and apply pressure on the top on the CD in the slot as you press eject. Worked for me until I replaced the stereo.

nooner

Established Member
That happened to me once. I disconnected the battery overnight and the next day it reinitialized and started working again. I tried a momentary disconnect but that wasn't long enough. Its worth a try. :shrug:

Venom_SVT03

Established Member
i havent had the problem yet in mine. but in my 08 silverado it was not letting the cd come out and id just smack the top of the dash while it was trying to spit the cd out. it worked for me

TRBO VNM

This ^^^. My 03 GT has this happen to about 80% of the CDs I eject, but it never happens in my 03 Cobra. It's just a super-duper high-quality Ford head unit.

:shrug: Hopefully sarcasm.

This is a common problem with these. If the things posted do not fix it, I typically just take it apart to get the cd's out. But I would also recommend putting an aftermarket it. Better sound quality and less risk of this happening.

JMD0346

Established Member
Mine used to do the same thing. Mostly with burned CD-R's. They are a different thickness and it screws it up somehow.

I put a Pioneer AVIC 700-BT in mine. My luck though... It took a shit a few weeks ago. LOL

wvmystichrome

Established Member
If it was a after market cd that you burned it could be it is to thick. This is a common occurance. I had this happen twice to my T-bird and the repair company told me what was causing it. Sure enough, pre-recorded CDs bought in a store are much thinner than what you buy and burn yourself. I liked the credit card idea. Never had to try it though.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Found this suggestion from another thread.

While you try to eject the stuck cd, take another cd and put it into the cd player slot and press up against the stuck cd. Kind of like if you were inserting a bank card into a atm and removeing it quickly. That should free the stuck cd.

The CC idea IMO sounds like the best one.

Users who are viewing this thread