Stock RWHP ?? Is my engine close?

8URC6

God Bless America
Established Member
Hey, one plus is its gets 26mpg ,and i have a heavy foot. I didnt expect that, but with all the info provided im looking about 190 - 215 rwhp.

laz2447

Established Member
196 rwhp
247 rwtq

Mustang Dyno @ Speednation in Pittsburgh, Pa.
Mods: 9mm wires, cai, shorty ceramic headers, o/r h-pipe, cat-back exhaust

stangbear427

Established Member
That's another thing to consider- a Mustang dyno will always pull a vastly different number than pretty much any other type.

Like the add says: "if it's not on a Mustang dyno, you're just spinning your wheels".

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
That's another thing to consider- a Mustang dyno will always pull a vastly different number than pretty much any other type.

Like the add says: "if it's not on a Mustang dyno, you're just spinning your wheels".

I have always heard that but my personal experience on a Mustang dyno yielded higher results (267rwhp) than the local dynojet (255rwhp) with NO change in my combination. I was quite surprised

sled

Established Member
there could be many reasons for that. mustang dynos are normally about 40hp lower than dynojets. my buddies saleen threw down 365rwhp on a mustang dyno and 415 on a dyno jet. :shrug: only way to really tell is take it down the 1/4 mile!

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
My 93 put down 250hp and 300rwtq on sunday. Mods are Roush heads, E cam,full exhaust, maf and CAI. Stock upper and lower intakes. We didnt mess with the timing so sled is about right.

Joe

Those roush heads are hurting you. Whenever you have the money, look into some aluminum heads. You should pick up 30 to the tires (probably more) with a head swap

WYSIWYG

Established Member
Here is my dyno sheet. My '93 Cobra is stock except for no cats, K&N Filter. 242hp 280tq @ rear wheels. Car only had 10,000 miles no it when dynoed.

dnyorunui0.jpg

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
Just goes to show how under-rated these cars were. What sucks is the 93 Z28's were rated at 275hp and we were probably putting out the same!

stangbear427

Established Member
Not to mention they had a six speed, better springs and dampers, far superior rear suspension layout, tighter shifter, t-tops that didn't leak... but who cares? There's a bunch of things the Mustang did better too, and we still won the pony car wars.

8URC6

God Bless America
Established Member
Well the car didnt make it on the dyno SAT, as soon as it was going to be dyno'd it started leaking antifreeze :( . Going to try this weekend at a local shop dyno, the shop i went to had dynopacks anyways, which im not a fan of. The leak was coming from the heater core which i just put in 4 weeks ago :bash: So i looped the lines, and froze my azz off. I will post the #'s as soon as i get them.

Users who are viewing this thread