Stock Radio

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
Why does everyone want to keep the inferior stock radio when there are so many new radios that do so much more and sound so much better?

I constantly read how people want to upgrade the stock system to add a sub or iPod/iPhone interface and it seems useless when new radios will do this plus so much more.

CrispCobra95

Established Member
Appearance, functionality with other controls, don't have to bother with matching ohm's from head unit to speakers. These are just a few reasons I'm thinking about going back to stock.

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
Explain functionality since the OEM has less function than new units? It cant even play a MP3 disc.

Tractionless1

Established Member
I don't give a damn about the latest and greatest tech. in a Muscle/Sports car, it's supposed to be a raw and invigorating experience. I prefer the rawness of the OEM Cobra push buttons, knobs, noisy shifter etc. Tech. is softening the senses (and more), I'll keep it old school thanks. Hell I still have a Kyocera flip phone to make calls, send texts. etc. I can afford plenty of Iphones or the like, but chose not to be a sheep, nor do I need it. Just cause all this S*it is available doesn't mean you need to buy it. The addition of a used Infinity Basslink is good enough for me and a $50 Ipod Nano is more convenient than making CD's all the time.

I personally get a kick out of the 25+ year olds with Iphones they bought on their 21% interest rate CC, leased 3 series BMW, and 7 roommates who think it gives them status. Blahahaaha, if ya think that defines success in life I feel for you...........not really though.

Crazy Ray

Established Member
I don't give a damn about the latest and greatest tech. in a Muscle/Sports car, it's supposed to be a raw and invigorating experience. I prefer the rawness of the OEM Cobra push buttons, knobs, noisy shifter etc. Tech. is softening the senses (and more), I'll keep it old school thanks. Hell I still have a Kyocera flip phone to make calls, send texts. etc. I can afford plenty of Iphones or the like, but chose not to be a sheep, nor do I need it. Just cause all this S*it is available doesn't mean you need to buy it. The addition of a used Infinity Basslink is good enough for me and a $50 Ipod Nano is more convenient than making CD's all the time.

I personally get a kick out of the 25+ year olds with Iphones they bought on their 21% interest rate CC, leased 3 series BMW, and 7 roommates who think it gives them status. Blahahaaha, if ya think that defines success in life I feel for you...........not really though.

I with you on the OEM radio.

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
New radio = cost money
Stock radio = free.

Once i got an aux pluggin, it was even harder to justify buying anything else.

Besides the drone is so loud that it is its own music :rockon: lol

08mojo

Established Member

:lol: tell us how you really feel. I took the stock radio out because, at the time, I the car was going to be my daily driver. So, in went the fancy big touch-screen Nav, DVD, CD, XM, etc... It has all the bells and whistles. The Cobra did not last long as my daily driver, so now I have an overpriced radio/stereo in the car that is rarely used...go figure.

4601S/C

Established Member
I prefer the OEM look, and with the PIE mod I can get the only feature I really want that the stock one doesn't have. Oh and I still buy CD's, so the 6 disc changer is great.

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
Wow lots of people like the old school system but I am ripping out that POS anchor this summer.

CobRoush-00

Established Member

:lol::lol::lol: A man who speaks his mind :beer:

10sec89

Established Member
I just changed mine out. Got a great deal on a JVC with blue tooh, aux , and USB connection. Got a mount kit and wiring harness and had no issues. Built me a custom sub box that holds a single 12" and fits under the factory amps and rear deck box.
So nice to be able to use the phone, and plug in a thumb drive with over 1400 songs on it. Kept putting it off but now glad I did it. I had wood, amp and sub so all totaled I am in for just shy of $200
542708_10152635621015177_2026846318_n.jpg

577815_10152635621050177_406473761_n.jpg

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
$600 and it is yours. I figure it is worth $600 cause the car only has 7000 miles on it and the radio is like new!

Probably cheaper than a NOS unit if you can find one!

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
I like it!

I just changed mine out. Got a great deal on a JVC with blue tooh, aux , and USB connection. Got a mount kit and wiring harness and had no issues. Built me a custom sub box that holds a single 12" and fits under the factory amps and rear deck box.
So nice to be able to use the phone, and plug in a thumb drive with over 1400 songs on it. Kept putting it off but now glad I did it. I had wood, amp and sub so all totaled I am in for just shy of $200
542708_10152635621015177_2026846318_n.jpg

577815_10152635621050177_406473761_n.jpg

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
:lol: tell us how you really feel. I took the stock radio out because, at the time, I the car was going to be my daily driver. So, in went the fancy big touch-screen Nav, DVD, CD, XM, etc... It has all the bells and whistles. The Cobra did not last long as my daily driver, so now I have an overpriced radio/stereo in the car that is rarely used...go figure.

Haha I'm in the same boat

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Tractionless1

Established Member
:lol: tell us how you really feel.

:lol::lol::lol: A man who speaks his mind :beer:

Every time! ;-)

Simpletons I tell ya!

Absolutely, I already have to chase off clowns trying to steal my valve caps when coming out of the gym! Forget about it with one of them fancy radios!

Built me a custom sub box that holds a single 12" and fits under the factory amps and rear deck box.

Dammit man where you goign to fit the spray? Here's the Basslink installed and will rattle the deck lid etc. if I want. Plenty of room for the N20/Nano system.

Trunklite2.gif

$600 and it is yours. I figure it is worth $600 cause the car only has 7000 miles on it and the radio is like new!

Not a chance! :burn:

2003 2004 Mustang Cobra Radio CD Player SKU B13 | eBay

Who says yours wasn't played for the last 10 years while the car sat accumulating no mileage? Just sayin!

Last edited:

reef93

EVILNSIDE
Established Member

WOW I guess I should feel like I stole mine. I just won one off of EBAY for 50$ shipped out of a 12000 mile car. :shrug:

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
It probably costs the same to install a new radio plus you get more options than upgrading the OEM system with modules and extra wiring to play MP3's.

Show me a very cheap way to get a MP3 player to hook up to an OEM radio that costs less than $70 cause that is what I can install a new radio for!

Users who are viewing this thread