Stock oil gear question

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
810AA755-FE1F-480D-8347-B88DC78AEE41.jpeg
C77EC249-A98E-4D92-A6D1-26208BF90736.jpeg
I pulled these out and not sure which way it goes back in. One side or the gear is completely flat and the other edge on the other side is slightly rounded. You can see with the yellow line the rounded side. It probably doesn't matter but thought I'd ask to be safe. Any help would be great

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Does the case itself have a rounded edge? I would think the flat side would face the cover. But it's been a long time since I've had a pump apart.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
I THINK it was rounded that's why I put the rounded side up. I'm not 100% sure tho

MG0h3

Established Member
Typically the beveled side is there to make getting it into the bore easier. In this case, beveled down.

I’d think if you found a pump diagram/schematic it would show which way it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Oh ok with that said it probably doesn't matter which way it is because it's in it's place. I've googled around and can't find and schematic

Soap

Established Member
If that is the OEM pump and gears, why not grab one from Boundary while you are in there?

--Joe

Last edited:

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Well I was kinda hoping to just use the stock gears. I've already got so much money into this rebuild what's another $200 I guess. Has there been issues with stock Terminator gears? Kinda searched and didn't see a whole lot.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Lol thanks. I'll just go with the gears. After talking to a couple of people briefly I thought it'd be good insurance with all the coin I'm dropping into this thing. Thanks for the Boundary tip they look nice.

ctgreddy

Established Member
Very good idea changing gears. I just did mine over winter. Friend of mine broke his last summer, and it was even an auto/turbo car which is supposedly easier on them. Very cheap insurance imo.

Users who are viewing this thread