Stock motor limits

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I didnt realize the short blocks were that cheap. Seems like the perfect recipe for 800 hp rather safely.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
Nice. Now if I just had the knowhow to do all those extras as well.

Famine you can do all that yourself. I turned my short block into a long block in my garage. I found the Ford manual online, used google, and talked to some people on here if I had questions. It took some time but it really wasn't that hard. It started right up without any funny noises or check engine lights.

Flcracker

Established Member
Give MPR your stock shortblock and they'll put Manley rods and Diamond Pistons in it for 3,700 Can handle up to 900whp. Add 1,000 bucks for the mechanics and for around 5,000 total you're set. That's my plan.

Last edited:

Famine

Established Member
Famine you can do all that yourself. I turned my short block into a long block in my garage. I found the Ford manual online, used google, and talked to some people on here if I had questions. It took some time but it really wasn't that hard. It started right up without any funny noises or check engine lights.

I have 2 manuals on the way. Ill have to check it out and see what all would go into it. You have the part munbers for all the aftermarket stuff?

Users who are viewing this thread