Stock lower broke

whipplesnake

Established Member
Was out enjoying my car the other day, and my Whipple quit making power. After freaking out for a couple minutes, I realized that my stock lower pulley was broke. I've never heard of one of these breaking. Has anyone else had this happen?

Jefe

Established Member
No way...Like in half and the belt came off?

whipplesnake

Established Member
I pic wouldn't show any thing. The part that screws into the harmonic balancer , and the pulley move separately now. None of the pieces look broke, but with the car off you can spin all the pulleys by turning the charger by hand.

Iron Fist

Established Member
Wow, does it spins freely(meaning no grinding)? post up some pics when you get it apart. Can you tell where it broke? I'm thinking it may have broke just on the inside of the cage near the harmonic balancer.

Also how long has the blower been on the car and how much Hp and Tq are you making?

Last edited:

whipplesnake

Established Member
it's still on the car, but with they belt off the pulley spins free and the Allan bolt stays still. This really freaked me out when it first happened, because last year I broke the snout of my crankshaft,and when I grabbed the metco pulley it and the balancer came off.

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Dude how tight are you belts? You broke a snout and now a stock lower? Id ease the tension up some.

whipplesnake

Established Member
I finally got the lower off and found the problem. The part that screws into the balancer screws into the pulley by the allen bolt. those threads stripped.

Users who are viewing this thread