stock for now

mystic snake

Established Member
Hey guys, i just bought / stole a 96 mystic cobra. i bought it off a rich 70yr old man with 5 other cars, he didnt even breakin the engine with only 4,500 miles on it. that was a month ago so i have 5,200 on her now. i was wondering as far as performance parts. what is the first thing i should do. a friend of mine said 4:10 gears but i want a second oppinion.:-?

Mystic 544

Established Member
Very nice!
I'm only 19K ahead of you. Don't forget the Zanio!
gears, exhaust and suspension are always a good start!
Check out my sig. I'm right at 300hp to the wheels and my next additions are going to be 4.10's and suspension. Also looking into a port and polish for the heads and intake...but will have to save some $$$'s first!
Enjoy

Tim

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
The shifter is a must replace item if you want to race the car. The stock one is fine for the daily driver stuff, but when you go to the track and start power shifting that is when the shifter forks get bent. Trust me I did this once in my 96. I got the Pro 5.0 for it and love that one. It judt makes it MUCH safer for the tranny if you start working it hard. Plus that "No miss third" setup is cool.

For the gears I'd go 3:73 if you are going to drive it much. Although I've certainly seen several people say 4:10 are a must at a minimum for the DOHC motors.

Some good mods that don't cost too much are

Pullies
Timing Adjusters
Gears
Headers
X Pipe/H Pipe
Cat Back Exhaust
Computer Chip
Cold Air Induction
Mass Air Flow Meter
Throttle Body

These are just a few. Most are priced around $200 - $300 range.

Users who are viewing this thread