Stock Dyno Numbers & Graph

Jon

Relax, have a homebrew!
Established Member
Originally posted by Jpatte
Below is a Dyno Sheet for my 2003 Cobra. Do these #'s look ok?

What is your computer code? (it's on the passenger-side door)

Your air/fuel ratio looks very, very good. :)

Mine was off-the-chart rich at 3500+ rpms. That may have resulted in about 20 less horsepower compared to yours.

tnadoman

Established Member
Is your car bone stock or mostly stock? How many miles were on it when you dynoed it. I'd be more than happy to dyno mine with those numbers. Hopefully I'll dyno mine once I get some more mileage on it.

Justin

Established Member
Maybe I am wrong, but arent those numbers better than average fro bone stock? I would be just fine if mine dyno's that good. I am going to be doing mine soon. I havent even taken off my air silencer yet. Was yours COMPLETELY stock? I will do mine when I hit 1000 miles. :coolman:

Jpatte

Established Member
Dyno

I have 5,000 miles on the car. The car has no engine tick, vibs or pull. I will kept my fingers cross.

As for bone stock, the only upgrades are "replacement in kind"
K & N filter with the air silencer in place and a different set of mufflers to give it some noise. Nothing special, in fact the stock exhaust was still used. No increase in exhaust pipe diameter or such. The big changes will come after the warrenty has expired.

Sh*t.... I went to the garage to get the code off of the door and the car was gone. My wife has it :shrug: its a very nice day in Chicago land area..

Also, we only went to 6300 RPM on the dyno.

03 Convert.

Mineral Grey

Last edited:

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Those are some of the Biggest number's I've seen :-D

Congrats :thumbsup:

Jon

Relax, have a homebrew!
Established Member
Some of the chip tuners have suggested that 11.5 to 11.8 is optimal.

thedutt

Established Member
Those are great numbers.. See my sig to see my stock numbers. From what I have heard people suggest, is that just by dropping in the K&N people have seen about 20hp gain.... I am going to drop one into my car and see if that makes a difference.
When I had dynoed, just dropping the snorkel had given me extra 10hp, 8lb, but i decided against it and put it back on.

On the side note, who all have done Bone stock (No mod at all) dyno's?

raiders03

Banned
Jpatte
Did you reset your computer before that run? Did you disconnect your battery or something? I have never seen a stock Cobra run that lean before. Your at 11. Mine was so rich stock you could not even see it on the graph. If it is running that lean stock that is a very good thing but a custom chip will not give you much gains. After a cip mine now runs around 12

Silver 03 Cobra

Justin, that's what everyone says me included. When I had my 99 and 01 Cobras and I read posts from dudes with the same cars and blowers doing everything they could to get more power, I said I would never do that. I was only going to do a catted Bassani x/p and catback on my 03. I dynoed 396 rwhp and I wents nuts. Then you start racing and really go downhill. It's addicting man I'm telling you. Check my sig.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread