Stock clutch

Bill16s550

Is the stock clutch boss 302 specific or is it the same as the same year mustang gt. Was curious as I have a 16 mustang and the stock clutch seems to hate 7500 and up and the boss has a 7500 limit stock I was curious if I could just run that one instead. I’ll be running a boss 302 Intake soon and I have a feeling I’ll be needing a clutch to match the rpm range. Thanks !

Bill16s550

Well according to tasca the boss 302 clutch has a different nimber on the clutch and flywheel also. Wonder if I could use my flywheel and a boss clutch assebemly. So now the question is those of you on a stock clutch how does it take to shifts over 7500.

KBBoss302

Established Member
I would say that the number 1 complaint with Bosses is the stock clutch not allowing shifts above 7k rpm. There are many threads about it if you dig on this forum and others. I've owned 2 Bosses, neither could consistently shift above 7k rpm despite me doing all of the usual "fixes". Wasn't until I installed a McCleod RST that I finally could enjoy banging high rpm shifts smoothly.

So, to answer your question, don't buy a stock Boss clutch for anything other than use as a doorstop!

Users who are viewing this thread