Stock Blower Max Out

2640 GT500

Established Member
I realize people these day try to come up with the dumbest records. “ Fastest pass on 30inch ebony and ivory spinners while ghost riding the whip. “

I’m making a stop along what should be an interesting road to 1,500+ HP and was just curious what the stock blower HP numbers are and if there are any 1/2 or mile times also? (Or even 1/4).

I’m not trying to flex anything here it was more curiosity while the car runs around on a stock blower for a few months waiting on parts to come in. Maybe it gives me something to do for fun personally.

I’m trying to locate updated information with any credible source. Slips, video and such - hearing about your sisters, girlfriends moms 3,800hp 250+ mph GT500 wasn’t doing it for me.

Thank you to all the helpful people on the forum.

sleek98

Established Member
Stock without porting? There have been a few cars in the mid to upper 900s on built motors and ported tvs. Not sure i have seen anyone go max effort without porting it.

2640 GT500

Established Member
Thanks appreciated - gives me a current(?) idea of where it was at. I guess no one really wants to max out on a stock non-ported blower.

I’ll have to dig around for the 1/2 and Mile info. Forum stuff is old,google is inconclusive.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Look up Weir racing.
I had about 755rwhp on a ported blower but mild 93 tune.
Outside of BPS, I have one of the highest power 2.3 TVS with 965rwhp on a mild ported Gen 2R.
I'm waiting on 1100rwhp and a 4.0L Whipple.
Several guys made 800rwhp on E85 and a maxed stock blower.
What's this 1500hp goal look like?
Built sleeved block 10:1 custom cams 4+L blower?
-J

2640 GT500

Established Member
Block should be here in 6 weeks, three if I’m lucky.

I wrote a damn book here... if you want to read it go for it... or... LM 354S based block.

Car makes 800+ (830) on stock pulley the way it sits. Stock blower is going back on because I’ve only had it for a few months out of the last 24. My understanding is no one has maxed a Gen III yet, so that’s the plan.

Sounds like you have a mean car, love to see it sometime. You have some pictures or video of the thing?

I was told one of their customers is making 1300ish (maybe more? Sorry) and then there is maybe a handful of 1200+ mustangs around FL. I know PBH has a few down in Palm Beach.

Part of the motor:

Ford 5.8L Aluminum Block
Crankshaft 5.4L Cobra Jet Steel Crankshaft
Pistons LM880 Custom Pistons (X.X:X CR)
Rods Manley Pro I Beam Billet Rods
Rings Total Seal Steel Rings for GT500 Plasma Bore
Rod Bearings King Engine XPN Series
Main Bearings King Engine HP Series
Fasteners ARP ARP main studs and side bolts
Oil Pump Cobra Jet Housing w/ TSS Billet Oil Pump Gears

I had planned on just doing the rods/pistons and driving around on 9XX but the addiction is strong in the car game. Decided just to start fresh and toss the kitchen sink at it. Haven’t decided on suspension or anything else at the moment but I’m sure I’ll end up with another list of stuff to order. I’m more into the 1/2 and Mile stuff because I can’t cut a 60ft to save my life next to the serious guys.

Reminds me I need to see if anyone wants a stock 14 block with 8,000 miles and a mess of other stock GT500 parts.

Users who are viewing this thread