"Stock" 98 cobra + D1?

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
Over the next few months I will be building a 98 cobra. I would like to go ahead and get the s/c on the car while Im having the bottom end built. Only thing is I dont want to go with something that will limit me in the future. The D1 or F1 will definately meet my future goals but I am unsure of how it will act on a stock motor with conservative tune? How much boost could I run on a stock block with one of these blowers? Is it 8-10 like the 600b, P1SC?

Thanks, any dynos or #'s would be great. List other mods you had when you ran it on the stock block

THANKS ALOT!!! :D

white99gt

Established Member
The d1 should be fine.As long as its tuned ,and has everything to match the blower.You should not have any problems..Just use the biggest pulley you can get (less boost) and go from there..The stock motor can take around 12psi and still be safe..

J's98Snake

Established Member
D-1's kick ass, with a stock H/C/I and a built bottom end 9.1 compression with 16 psi (s-trim) I'm around 565/500 on a dyno jet.

dalamar_96

Established Member
For your stock block 8 - 10 psi is about all you can run at that compression (intercooled of course)
Always get a good tune from someone experienced.
As far as the F1 blower goes - that depends on how much hp you want to have. like, over 650 or so you would want the F1. but much over 500 hp and you will need to do more than just engine/blower work.

on your 98 rotating assembly I wouldn't recommend going over 500 rwhp. size the pulley and tune it under that or you might be building your motor sooner than you want to....

The only other mod I think you would need on your stock block is a good catback exhaust. possilby hedders if you want to spend the $.

good luck with your build, sounds sweet.:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread