Votes: 2 11.1%
  • 96-98 cobra hood

Votes: 16 88.9%

• Total voters

milktasd2

Established Member
F497EE7F-761A-4BAA-9384-8865F71AD673.jpeg
F513953F-BCAB-4219-959E-7DFB6655F9B9.jpeg
so which hood do you prefer? For the longest I always wanted a wide cowl hood. Thought they looked mean on the sn95, but now I’m kind of not wanting to get rid of my stock hood because it’s one of the biggest things about it being a cobra.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I vote for the best of both worlds.
The H.O. Fibertrends hood. I've had one on my car for the last 10 years or so. Love it. It's simply an OEM hood with a subtle 1" raised cowl. Those last 4 pics are old from when I first put the hood on. You can see the grills missing in the scoops/snorkels.
Very high quality (H.O.F. made the hoods for Ford for the 95R)
I'm not even sure they still sell them though.
Harpoon78.jpeg
DSCN7659.jpeg
IM000015.jpeg
DSCN7621.jpeg
DSCN7622HDR.jpeg

Sent from my LG-LS998 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I actually like all 3 of the hoods pictured above. I’ll add this though... as these cars age, finding an unmolested one gets harder. If you do swap the hood, be sure to keep the original to put it back on at some point.

Mr.Sensitivity

Established Member
I actually like all 3 of the hoods pictured above. I’ll add this though... as these cars age, finding an unmolested one gets harder. If you do swap the hood, be sure to keep the original to put it back on at some point.
So much this. My cobra is basically bone stock. I catch hell for it sometimes but more than anything people love it, car show judges love it and people want to buy it because it is, again, "unmolested". It's like a unicorn.
No doubt. I'm a huge fan of the 96-98 hood.
As good as the curves on the hood look from the outside, they look even more sinister from behind the wheel.
Plus this. The stock hood is just sexy man. Although that H.O.F hood is a pretty sweet compromise.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
I really like the stock hood. It's one of those things that make it a Cobra.

I went with a cowl hood out of necessity.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
What they said. If you get an aftermarket one(which I did), keep the stocker.

I kept mine but there is slight damage on 1 corner of it. But I will fix it and hang the hood on a wall at some point.

Have to get rid of the big ass 00R cowl to put towards more suspension mods. Throwing on a gt hood here next ;)

Users who are viewing this thread