Stock 2013 GT Auto vs. Crossfire SRT-6

mjohns930

Established Member
The other morning on the way to work (on a race track, of course) a Crossfire SRT-6 did a flyby with the blower whining away and then slowed back down to see if I wanted a go. I hadn't had a good run in a while so I figured why not. We went from 50-120 and I put about 2 cars on him. We didn't have a chance to stop and talk but I see him going the same way I am most mornings now so I am sure I will have a chance to see what he has done. I would guess he had a pulley/intake/tune based off how loud the blower was.

Was a good run and I was pretty surprised how well it ran.

Last edited:

Zentenk

Established Member
Good thing you have an auto or you would have missed a gear and never would have posted this.

Nice run!

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Sounds about right... I caught one when I was stock out of a toll both (before I got an ipass) and pulled a car length iirc from a very slow roll. (anyone from Chicago area knows what I'm talking about). Good kill.

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
It's funny that the SRT6's are making a resurgence/appearance. I never even knew that they existed until I saw one driving like an asshole a month or two ago. Even if it puts down 1,000RWHP, it's gayer and more deserving of being shitwhipped than Justin Bieber waking up in the morning.

OP, in reality, how loud was said six cylinder with its blower as it went past? I mean really.

95snake03

Established Member
those cars are gay. I saw one today with some guy driving and trying to look cool in it. honestly was expecting to see a girl. i knew of a guy who traded a 10th anniv 03 cobra for one and i thought he was crazier than hell

earl lee

Established Member
A pulley on a srt-6 will whine as loud as a pulley 03/04 cobra, see below.

http://vimeo.com/50145248

Reason your starting to see a bunch emerge is because they can be had for 9 to 13k now as the 1st and 2nd owners are dumping them as they get closer to 100k. Also with a tune, cai, and pulley they can run mid to low 12's all day long constantly.

Dont worry though, with less then 4k made total you have a much better chance of running into a viper. Out of all the SRT models, they have the lowest volume being mainly a 1 year full run, and a special order 2nd year run for mainly overseas.

kaz109

Established Member
With only 3 mods they are decently fast with low 12's being the norm and I have seen some dip in the high 11's trapping 118-119...good kill OP but I doubt it has the mods u think it has. Good chance it is stock from the race u described

mjohns930

Established Member
Well based off how loud it was it had to at least have an intake. It sounded like an 03/04 with a pulley and intake. It was startling how loud it was. Either way, it was a good run and I was surprised how quick it was.

I never knew these existed either until I saw a run in with one on here a week or so ago. I will try and talk to him and see what is going on with it.

Users who are viewing this thread