Stock 2013/14 Heat Exchanger on a 2008 GT500???

thebuffalo11

Established Member
I was given a Heat Exchanger off a 2014 gt500. Can I put this on my 2008? I understand some modification might need to be performed..? Anyone have an install guide who has done this mod before? Is it hard, performed in my garage, how long? I have a tvs and installing a 2.5 pulley. So I want a H.E and since I was given this maybe this would be sufficient? Would this h.e provide enough cooling or would I need to spring the extra $$$ for an afco with fans etc?

scotsam

Established Member
Albrightsville, Pennsylvania, United States
You might have to do some trimming of the plastic but it should bolt right up provided you have the brackets. You can go on vmp's site they have a video of them doing an Afco. You might want to see if you can find a couple 10" or 8" fans to put on it but either way it will be an improvement over you factory one.

Speedboosted

Established Member
Yes you can. I made a writeup for the install and sent it to a few members on here, but I don't know if I still have it when I cleaned out my inbox. Maybe one of them still has it? I know I sent it to Richard (black99lighting). It takes a bit of work, but it can be done. And it's a great upgrade over the factory stuff and even the afco non fanned stuff.

KRS

Established Member
You're going to have to relocate your coolant pump too, the most common spot to put it is under the driver side headlight. I believe VMP sells a relocation kit, a Z-bracket to mount the pump and an extension wire for the power.

Users who are viewing this thread