Stock 07 GT 500

sts2

Looking for some ideas to start upgrading. I used to have a 03 Cobra with 4.10s and a Whipple that made over 600 rwhp that felt infinitely faster than my new car. Trying to get this GT 500 to a similar level.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Contact VMP Performance. Ask for Bj. They are a vendor here. He'll fix you up!
Upgrades, custom tunes & impeccable customer service is what they're all about.
321-206-9369

nxhappy

Established Member
used trinity setup, 2.4 upper pulley, full exhaust

sts2

All you need to know and more, right here.

https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/2007-gt500-build.1149231/
What (other than cost difference) would be the advantage of the TVS over going with the 2.9 Whipple?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
HUGE cost difference is primary difference.

Second.. torque. TVS makes more and makes more sooner in rpm range.

TVS moves enough air to take you over 800 wheel horsepower and over 900 wheel horsepower with aftermarket cams.

The question is how much do you want to make? A whipple 2.9 is more lazy down low but can theoretically move more air--although very few people have made as much power with the 2.9 as they have with a TVS.

My TVS made 643 wheel hp with stock pulleys, stock exhaust manifolds, stock 13/14 injectors and the Whipple throttle body.

If I added headers and pulleys it would make 750 whp pretty easily.

TVS is a bargain that is pretty hard to beat on these cars IMO.

sts2

I would say my goal is to make a solid 700rwhp so if I can do that with the TVS then I'm down for that. Do you think I would need a BAP? Also what other parts should I upgrade with it other than the injectors? I plan to get some lowering springs, pan hard bar, upper/ lower control arms
And good tires for traction.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
BAP is always a good idea for added safety. That said, I have wideband on my car and I am able to maintain ~11.4:1 AFR all the way to 6600 rpm without a BAP at my current horsepower level.

Next step for me is a smaller upper pulley and headers. That will take me over 700whp and I will likely also add a BAP at that time for safety.

Grab some good drag radials and enjoy. I run 555r Nittos and theyre great. NT05r's are also good (probably better) as are the Mickey T street SS.

I have lowering springs and an adjustable panhard bar but I do not have upper or lower control arms. I don't feel they are needed but many will disagree with me on that.

sts2

What crank pulley did you upgrade to? Do you think a Lund tune would be sufficient? Also did you change the stock gearing? Sorry for all of the questions, you have just been the most informative person I have talked to.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Lower pulley must be changed on the 07's yes. Either use the 08+ lower pulley (about $250) or go straight to a larger 10% or 15% ($650).

I went with the 08+. Lund is an excellent choice. I went with 3.73s in the rear and love them.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Any time.. PM me if you have questions later down the road as you start modding.

Lets see some pics of that thing! I love grey!

Users who are viewing this thread