Stock 03 Cobra Rim Size

postalbunny

Established Member
I have 315/35/17 Sumitomo tires on the back... which hook for crap, looking to see what to get next. I'm surpised the 315's fit on the rim, when i measured the rim with a rules it appears to be 10"... but so does the front rim.

What's the stock size rim for cobra's? Curious if I got aftermarket rims, or if the sumitomo tires are just smaller than others (allowing a 315 to fit).

Fastphil

Bagged.
Established Member
The standard for measuring a wheel is to measure the width where the tire beads seat. Thus, the total width of the wheel is usually about 1/2" more from outer edge to outer edge. Also, not all 315 tires are created equal.

postalbunny

Established Member
Thanks, i turned up several threads relating to which tires have 275/315's that are wider/skinnier but nothing based on how to measure the rim. I just figured it was basically measuring the width of the rim from bead-to-bead.

fiveoh2go, thanks for the thread... that's exactly what i was looking for.

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
I hope you came across some factual information about the maximum width to put on a 9" rim. 275, maybe 285s depending on brand, is as wide as you should go despite the overwhelming "evidence" against that fact.

postalbunny

Established Member
I really like the way the 315's look on this rim... i like the tire buldge. However, i'm still looking around to see what it's going to take to put 10.5's out back though, no point in having the extra meat if i can't use it.

I still have a lot of tread left on the sumitomo tires...

Users who are viewing this thread