Stingray vs Street Bike

Quik Z06

Established Member
Well, this is my first decent kill in a while. Kinda got out of the whole racing thing for a while. Last year I bought another Vette and had it supercharged about a month ago. Anyway, I had gone to grab a burger at In n Out, as I'm sitting there eating this bike pulls in and starts staring at me and revving the crap out of his bike. I just laughed and continued eating. After I finish eating I start to pull out and sure enough he's waiting for me. I pull behind him and again revving like crazy. He pulls out onto the street and gets in the turn lane. I was in second and going straight, so I floor it and blow off right next to him. He pulls back into the lane to go straight and follows me. We get on the freeway, we did 3 runs, last one being the cleanest. I'm in 3rd gear about 60mph and we both hit it, through 3rd he was next to me, shift to 4th and he falls to my rear bumper. Once I get into the middle of 4th I start to walk away. I put maybe 3-4 cars on him then let off. We pulled off the next exit and I waved and he waved and nodded his head, and we went separate ways.

Now I will say, I'm not sure what the bike was. I want to say it was an older R1. I know for a fact it wasn't a 600, I ran a R6 in my old supercharged Vette and put bus lengths on him right from the jump. Anyway it was fun, he was being a little cocky with all his revving and wouldn't even return a friendly wave when we initially started messing around. I need to mount my GoPro, would have been a good one to get on video.

IMG_1688.JPG

IMG_1689.JPG

Last edited:

bunits19714

Established Member
Sharp looking car- is that vortech kit CA emission friendly- just curious- I'm so glad I don't have to deal with any emission test visual or electronic.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Yes it's a CARB legal kit which is one of the reasons I chose it. Only thing that sucks is they'll only give you the CARB sticker if you stay with the 4.0 pulley which is about 6 psi. I ended up doing that, but he said later on he can't "stop me" from going to a smaller pulley and I'd still have the sticker. I'll probably eventually go to a 3.6 pulley with headers and it'll get me close to 700whp.

Quik Z06

Established Member
A lot of guys are doing 700whp all day long. Some push it to 750+ but at that point I'd be a bit worried. I do run meth so it helps it out quite a bit and helped me gain 30-40hp.

Quik Z06

Established Member
The Vette IMO is much faster. Well, I shouldn't say much faster but it sure feels like it. Granted I sold the cobra years ago, so hard to judge. Obviously the Vette is lighter. The cobra was on pump gas making about 550 if I remember, this car makes 610 on methanol. Also being a centri blower this thing just keeps pulling. Lol, I won't even get into the handling side of it, this car being a Z51 rides like it's on rails. Probably the best handling car I've ever owned. With that said the Cobra was one of my favorite cars.

Kline12

Bagged and Terminated.
Established Member
I had a 12' cts-v sedan and I felt the same way. It was a stout car, but needed to make a lot more power to make it fast. Just felt heavy and kind of sloppy. My mustang with a ported eaton 'feels' 100x faster than the v did. But I would have to line them up to know for sure.

Had a buddy who went from a cobra making 540ish-whp to a stock c6z and he swore up and down that the z was faster. The aerodynamics and how light those cars are probably make them feel like rocket ships. I'd love to have a c6z some day! Good kill OP and awesome looking car.

Quik Z06

Established Member
C6Z's are no joke. When my V was putting down 540whp I could barely put a couple cars on my buddies bone stock Z. I almost got one before the stingray, but the deal fell thru. Kinda glad it did, because I really do like the looks, interior etc on the Stingray a lot better.

Users who are viewing this thread