Stingers + bassani X = CRAP!!!

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
I had the same mentality as you when I got my Cobra. I didn't want to get Flowmaster because everyone on here said they were crap. I decided to get Bassani o/r X and catback because everyone said that combo sounded good. I hated the sound of it and wanted that chambered sound that people associate with Mustangs. A couple of months later I switched to a UPR o/r X and welded in some Mac mufflers.

Everytime I hear a Mustangs in person or on a video with FM's it sounds damn good. If I ever need to replace the Mac's I'll probably just get the super 44's because they sound very close to Mac. Get what YOU think sounds good.

Dude I felt the exact same.. Regardless of how much flowmasters cost, or how many people have them, they sound good on a 4.6.

This is my old GT with 40 series flows and a mac o/r prochamber:
http://www.youtube.com/user/neilgoodin#p/u/19/3MhLChRQW08

Here is that same car with mac o/r prochamber and magnapack catback:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt6ak83KI_o"]YouTube- Magnaflow magnapacks, prochamber and LT's 03 GT[/ame]

My cobra has magnaflow catback and an o/r X, but it's honestly just a hair too quiet for me..

Last edited:

*P*Grass

i need to get 600+ on 20$
Established Member
Couldn't agree more...I had the STingers with the offroad H, lol...sounded like complete Hillbilly Redneck Truck...threw on the Bassani Catted X...
PURE SEX!

AGREE!! put a xpipe and some hiflow cats in the front of the stingers > *

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
You know what, after running the car with the bassani o/r x and stingers a little more, it doesn't sound as bad to me. Still raspy but it's deep and throaty too.

I'm either gonna keep the bassani 5 piece x and add cats with the stingers or buy a upr o/r x and mac flowpaths to fab into my bassani piping.

The bassani catback sounds great, just not loud enough for me. The only bad thing about the borla is that to me, it doesn't sound like a mustang. It's almost like an LS1 sound being deeper like it is. Sounds great and I love the deep sound, just kinda prefer that chambered sound a little because to me, that's the way a mustang should sound.

AZCobraCMDR

Established Member
You know what, after running the car with the bassani o/r x and stingers a little more, it doesn't sound as bad to me. Still raspy but it's deep and throaty too.

I'm either gonna keep the bassani 5 piece x and add cats with the stingers or buy a upr o/r x and mac flowpaths to fab into my bassani piping.

The bassani catback sounds great, just not loud enough for me. The only bad thing about the borla is that to me, it doesn't sound like a mustang. It's almost like an LS1 sound being deeper like it is. Sounds great and I love the deep sound, just kinda prefer that chambered sound a little because to me, that's the way a mustang should sound.

Your fickle.

jf4boogie

Established Member
I all add another vote for bassani catted x and stingers. Thats what I had and everyone, including myself, thought it sounded bad ass. Prob one of the best combos man...theres a reason a lot of people run that combo!

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk23XzXgWUQ"]YouTube- Bassani X-pipe with Hi-Flow Cats and Borla Stingers[/ame]

Thats when i had cats, it was good, but not loud enough.

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Everyone loves catted bassani and stingers... Lol don't yall kind of agree though that though it sounds great, stingers don't really have that traditional mustang sound?

Jack Burton

Established Member
I would agree with that. Although I do love the sound, I don't think it fully encompasses the traditional mustang sound. Personally, I think the only systems that do are chambered systems. MAC and Flowmaster are the ones I think give the tradional sound. I also think the o/r H gives it more of a traditional sound than a o/r X. But, just my opinion.

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Yeah, i love the stingers but when you hear a stang, a chambered muff is really the sound you expect. Cant decide which i like more. Prob never will... lol

Satin03

Established Member
SRT, if loud is what you're after then I would not hesitate for the Flowpaths and UPR X. I just did the same thing that you are contemplating (switched to the UPR X from the Bassani then swapped out my Bassani mufflers for a set of Flowpaths) and they are loud as hell. I'm not sure I am 100% happy with it. I would have to agree that the Bassani catted x and Stinger combo is one of the sweetest sounds around. I just personally liked the Flowpaths and wanted to give them a try. I am currently looking for some baffles to stick in the tips to see how that affects the sounds because it has this bit of a rasp that kinda rubs me the wrong way at times.

Morale of the story is your never gonna know until you try different combos out for yourself. Sounds clips just don't do it justice. The good news is that exhaust is so damn simple to swap out on these cars and takes no time at all to find out for yourself...just money! Lol.

Last edited:

Furinox

Established Member
I had a UPR O/R X and stingers and hated it. still very raspy/blat sounding. switched to magnaflow catback and sounds MUCH better

04Beasst

Established Member
I echo AZCobraCMDR comments above...add the Bassani High Flow cats and I think you'll be happy. My current setup which I've had for yrs is Bassani Headers, Bassani X- w/high-flow cats and Stingers. Have two other close friends with the same setup...they absolutely love it. When I first purchased the car, I had all Bassani to include the Catback and changed to stingers.

Jack Burton

Established Member
Yeah, i love the stingers but when you hear a stang, a chambered muff is really the sound you expect. Cant decide which i like more. Prob never will... lol

Surprisingly, for something that should be such an easy decision it is actually quite difficult. o/r H and chambered or catted x and stingers sound very different. They also both sound awesome. It is a hard choice to make, and it's one that I can't fully make, since I always like new things. But, so far, for me I can't seem to switch from chambered mufflers. I was always a big flowmaster guy, but I think I might try the MAC stainless setup next time around.

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
So you decided on which route you're taking yet:-D?

I know I just got a slp exhaust with corsa's welded in... hope its going to sound good, different for sure, not so "original" but more exotic/sexy :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread