Stingers + bassani X = CRAP!!!

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
All o/r and stringers = total garbage sound. I have a catted bassani sitting in the garage waiting for spring. I had a Magnaflow o/r x with my stingers that was so bad i was embarrased to go wot.

So another one for catted bassani x. I guess im riding between prochamber or catting my bassani...

blackmagicmach

The PoPo
Established Member
I say if you want try the "upr o/r x", but there is still going to be rasp. Another option that you did not list is welding in some "borla xr-1 muffler". They will help bring the rasp down but still keep it loud. There is a video on YouTube of a black 01 cobra that has; kooks longtubes, kooks o/r x, and borla xr-1 mufflers and it sounds amazing.

I ran borla stinger with my cartted arh setup and o/r arh setup and I didn't like either. Even with the catted mid it still sounded raspy so I switched to the steeda catback. So much better but now it's a little to quiet so I'm going to prob switch to bassani in the spring.

im sure this is the one your talking about....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmW9-HtcViI"]YouTube- 2001 Cobra with Kooks and Borla XR1's[/ame]

blackmagicmach

The PoPo
Established Member
mac is always a nice choice....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=226FujL3Pnw"]YouTube- 2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Pypes/Mac Exhaust 3[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkcnrDyk1dI"]YouTube- 2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 - Acceleration 130+mph[/ame]

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
The mac does sound awesome!!

Im tempted to run UPR X and mac flowpaths in bassani piping. There was a clip of that setup on baginoman's sonic blue cobra and it sounds great!

Just wasnt sure if i wanted that chambered sound or not...

yyz82

Established Member
Well, I installed my stingers yesterday behind my bassani o/r X and i gotta say... At first i liked it because of the volume and the sound at idle, rev and at WOT but cruising, its rasp/blat city!

I removed my bassani catback for the stingers and i honestly like the sound of the bassani better. Not as loud but much cleaner and more aggressive to me due to the lack of rasp and still fairly loud. I wanted louder but not at the expense of sound quality.

Now... gotta decide what to do from here and this is where you guys come in. Im normally a fan of o/r pipes so here are my options and tell me what you think...

1) Buy some bolt in cats for my 5 piece bassani x.

2) Sell the bassani X for a UPR or Pypes O/R X (sound cleaner they say)

3) Sell the bassani X for a prochamber.

4) Sell the stingers and run Mac flowpaths or a bassani again.

LMK what you think would sound best and keep in mind, im lowing my car so i dont want anything thats going to give me hell with clearance and i want something LOUD but aggressive and toned at the same time.

Thanks!! :beer:

I told you to go catted lol. Just cant catch a break can you?

cobracide

Established Member
Yes catted x or better a catted H to reduce the rasp and volume. Now choose the catback - chambered mufflers to go with the catted H.

Last edited:

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Im thinking catting my bassani X or going with a prochamber will fix it but im telling you... mac flowpaths are looking pretty tempting.... lol

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
upr o/r x + stingers = sick!

i cant wait to throw my stingers on., did you here that redifre cobra posted on the first page?! wow.

astippich

Established Member
Cats on the x are the only way to go with your stingers. Catted h + stingers will give you the exact same blatt zone you have now( I'm speaking from experience)

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
No offense man, but jesus make up your mind already... Like everyother thread Ive seen you post is all different exhaust combos that you want or would want or COULD get, just get the Mac prochambers already!!! Sorry but I had to let it out :lol: ;)

IMO There is no "perfect" sound, you keep asking around people and they all tell you their own opinions, some like the X/stingers combo some hate it, its a personal choice. Some like H vs X and some the other way... I personally like ORX + stingers (or macs) yes its raspy in some parts but it sounds awesome to ME. Stop asking others opinion and go for what you like...

Last edited:

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
LOL! Sorry for being a PITA! Im just so damn indecisive and everything sounds good in a different way. I just like hearing others opinions on what they think sounds good so i can look up clips and see if i like it too. Too many options on these things.

I might give the UPR O/R X and shot. If it gives me the same sound as my bassani at idle, rev and WOT but knocks out a little rasp at cruise, ill be happy. Worst case, i can buy some cats to bolt in to my bassani and put it back on later.

Might pick up some mac flowpaths and a prochamber later anyway to experiment swapping all the different combos around to see which one sounds best to me in person...

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
LOL! Sorry for being a PITA! Im just so damn indecisive and everything sounds good in a different way. I just like hearing others opinions on what they think sounds good so i can look up clips and see if i like it too. Too many options on these things.

I might give the UPR O/R X and shot. If it gives me the same sound as my bassani at idle, rev and WOT but knocks out a little rasp at cruise, ill be happy. Worst case, i can buy some cats to bolt in to my bassani and put it back on later.

Might pick up some mac flowpaths and a prochamber later anyway to experiment swapping all the different combos around to see which one sounds best to me in person...

Its all good :rockon: You'll be known as "Cobra Exhaust God" rofl... If you're going to switch around exhausts post video of them so others can hear and form their opinions too man!

blackmagicmach

The PoPo
Established Member

yeah its gonna sound different, the UPR is a true X style, where the bassani is a chambered X like the magnaflow one

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Its all good :rockon: You'll be known as "Cobra Exhaust God" rofl... If you're going to switch around exhausts post video of them so others can hear and form their opinions too man!

Bwahaha! Yeah, your prob right! And ill get clips for sure. I should have got one of the bassani o/r x and bassani catback before i took it off but the only one i have of that is an idle/rev clip.

Ill get one of the bassani o/r x and stingers before i change it.

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
yeah its gonna sound different, the UPR is a true X style, where the bassani is a chambered X like the magnaflow one

Thats what ive heard from alot of people on here but there is also alot of people that say all X-pipes sound the same. lol

Im going to give it a shot and see if it cleans up the tone any. Like i said before, im generally a fan of no cats so if i can find something i like the sound of with the stingers without having to go catted, ill go that route. Im sure thats going to put me between a prochamber and the upr.

Ive listened to the clips on youtube a million times. The redfire cobra that was linked on page 1 w/ the upr and stingers and then the black cobra with the bassani o/r x and stingers and they sound very similar. I think the redfire might be a little less raspy/blatty while cruising which is what im looking for so im hoping the upr o/r x is my fix. Plus, i can get some money back from this bassani... lol :rockon:

Black Sex

Established Member
I know the x-pipe has alot to do with the way the mufflers sound. I had a BBK o/r x-pipe on my 98 cobra with bassani catback. I didnt like it at all. I put my origional catback back on and kept the bassani laying in the corner of the garage. When I got my 04 cobra I did a SRA and used the bassani catback with UPR o/r x-pipe and it sounded good I thought.

Users who are viewing this thread