Stingers + bassani X = CRAP!!!

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Well, I installed my stingers yesterday behind my bassani o/r X and i gotta say... At first i liked it because of the volume and the sound at idle, rev and at WOT but cruising, its rasp/blat city!

I removed my bassani catback for the stingers and i honestly like the sound of the bassani better. Not as loud but much cleaner and more aggressive to me due to the lack of rasp and still fairly loud. I wanted louder but not at the expense of sound quality.

Now... gotta decide what to do from here and this is where you guys come in. Im normally a fan of o/r pipes so here are my options and tell me what you think...

1) Buy some bolt in cats for my 5 piece bassani x.

2) Sell the bassani X for a UPR or Pypes O/R X (sound cleaner they say)

3) Sell the bassani X for a prochamber.

4) Sell the stingers and run Mac flowpaths or a bassani again.

LMK what you think would sound best and keep in mind, im lowing my car so i dont want anything thats going to give me hell with clearance and i want something LOUD but aggressive and toned at the same time.

Thanks!! :beer:

0310thstock

Established Member
First time I heard them with a Bassani O/R X, sounded like shit. Another guy was running a UPR O/R X. It sounded alot smoother and a loud deep tone. You have probably heard that before!

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Go route #2. So you will still have an o/r x AND you should pocket some money cause upr o/r x are dirt cheap and bassani o/r x are more expensive.

But for me personally, I love the bassani o/r x + stinger set up. Makes me get hard just thinking about it.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Bassani catted X or Mac prochamber are my suggestions.

Couldn't agree more...I had the STingers with the offroad H, lol...sounded like complete Hillbilly Redneck Truck...threw on the Bassani Catted X...
PURE SEX!

OrangeCobra2004

Established Member
I say if you want try the "upr o/r x", but there is still going to be rasp. Another option that you did not list is welding in some "borla xr-1 muffler". They will help bring the rasp down but still keep it loud. There is a video on YouTube of a black 01 cobra that has; kooks longtubes, kooks o/r x, and borla xr-1 mufflers and it sounds amazing.

I ran borla stinger with my cartted arh setup and o/r arh setup and I didn't like either. Even with the catted mid it still sounded raspy so I switched to the steeda catback. So much better but now it's a little to quiet so I'm going to prob switch to bassani in the spring.

stangposse

Established Member
I had found that, based on the reviews on this site, it was common knowledge that the Stinger/Offroad xpipes were horrible sounding while the Stinger/Catted xpipes were some of the sweetest sounding. Prior to this, I had always thought an O/R pipe always sounded sweeter than a catted one. Not the case with the Stingers apparently.

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
love mine, and everyone whose heard it loves it.

cobracide

Established Member
Try an MRT H with it? Sounds like you need a different catback. If you don't like rasp, try the quiet bora..

Last edited:

MaCaNs

Filth, Flarn, Filth
Established Member
UPR o/r X and Stingers - sounds nice

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH_WXCThC34"]YouTube- 04 Kenne Bell Cobra - Borla Stinger catback / offroad x pipe[/ame]

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Thanks for the replies guys!!

I like the sound of them at every other spot besides that 2200-2800 rasp/blat zone. Alot of people seem to like the bassani o/r x w/ stingers sound. Do you guys not mind that rasp?

Seems like catted bassani X or prochamber are the favorites with the stingers. Considering I already have the 5 piece bassani, maybe I should just buy some cats and bolt them in. I listed to 96stanggt's clips and his catted bassani x and stingers sound loud and sick but nowhere near as raspy!

I like mac but when I was choosing, I decided I didn't like mac's quality or tips so I I go with mac, I'll have the mufflers alone fabbed into a bassani piping kit and run bassani's tips like baginoman.

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
I don't really like H pipes though. Prochamber is the closest I would get to one.

And yeah, the upr does sound a little cleaner because of the true x design as opposed to bassani's chamber styled x. Maybe I should just do that and stay o/r. Only downfall is if it doesn't get rid of all the rasp, I'll be kicking myself for selling my bassani when I could have just added cats and then I'll be looking to swap again to something else. I love loud! The volume doesn't bother me... I just don't care for the raspy tone it has in some spots.

Who knows guys... Decisions decisions... Lol

Last edited:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Off road Prochamber. I've had the Bassani X with and without cats with the stingers, the prochamber sounds way better. About the same volume as the catted X, but no rasp and much deeper sounding.

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
I gotta hear a good clip them of the prochamber/stingers!

Will it still be louder than the bassani o/r x and bassani catback i swapped from volume wise?

Jefe

Established Member
Sell me the Stingers or get a Catted X

I dont think the prochamber will be as loud as the offroad midpipe. Theres a video on youtube of a guy driving his Cobra in front of his house, search prochamber stingers on youtube

Last edited:

STR8JAKT

Tis but a Scratch
Established Member
All o/r and stringers = total garbage sound. I have a catted bassani sitting in the garage waiting for spring. I had a Magnaflow o/r x with my stingers that was so bad i was embarrased to go wot.

Users who are viewing this thread