Stinger with aftermarket h or x pipe

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
Anyone have sound or video clips of the Stinger with an aftermarket h or x pipe? I have been wanting to get either but cant decide which to get. I like the x-pipe but dont want it to sound too raspy with the Borla's. I was thinking about the MRT h-pipe for the more muscle car sound whenever, if they ever get the problems ironed out.

Thanks, Ryan:rockon:

Silver03

Established Member
I'd stick with the stock H unless you are looking for a different sound. You won't gain much with aftermarket mid - performance wise.

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
Originally posted by Silver03
I'd stick with the stock H unless you are looking for a different sound. You won't gain much with aftermarket mid - performance wise.
How much do you think you would gain with a catted or non catted x or h?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by kaboom
How much do you think you would gain with a catted or non catted x or h?
Not very much power to be gained with the X-pipe. I've only heard of one company that does the catted H-pipe. The sound is different between the H and X pipes so I'd strongly advise first adding the catback with the stock H-pipe. If you like the sound stick with it as is. If you want a more exotic sound install a catted X-pipe. If you don't care about getting caught without cats then do the off-road X-pipe for a bit more power and a louder overall exhaust system.

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
Not very much power to be gained with the X-pipe. I've only heard of one company that does the catted H-pipe. The sound is different between the H and X pipes so I'd strongly advise first adding the catback with the stock H-pipe. If you like the sound stick with it as is. If you want a more exotic sound install a catted X-pipe. If you don't care about getting caught without cats then do the off-road X-pipe for a bit more power and a louder overall exhaust system.
That about sums it up thank bob>

Users who are viewing this thread