Stillen Chin Spoiler Installed

dmichaels

Established Member
I installed mine over the summer and have had it out for multiple track days. The splitter has held up great with the "cheap" supports that came with it. I've had it up to about 140mph (indicated) with no signs of deflection issues.

IMG_1179.JPG

IMG_1184.JPG

10658916_304675553072352_5770203711073318556_o.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1186.JPG
    IMG_1186.JPG
    289.8 KB · Views: 592
Last edited:

GHOST99

Established Member
Well I'd been on the hunt for a good chin spoiler, the Roush piece looked good but I was told it was a nightmare to install, lots of cutting, etc. :banana:

glad i read this thread. i was wanting the roush chin spoiler but after you said i was a lot of cutting, i watched an install video an you are right. its not worth all that. gonna keep looking. your spoiler looks nice

Rct851

Established Member
Both stillen options look good, I debate switching my roush for either of them every few weeks just because they don't look at cheap

Don't be put off by the install of the roush, is incredibly easy and a $7 hand saw from Home Depot was more than enough. It is a little cheap but that's why I bought it. its cheap to replace and your not going to have a heart attack when you nudge a $160 splitter into a parking curb

GHOST99

Established Member
Both stillen options look good, I debate switching my roush for either of them every few weeks just because they don't look at cheap

Don't be put off by the install of the roush, is incredibly easy and a $7 hand saw from Home Depot was more than enough. It is a little cheap but that's why I bought it. its cheap to replace and your not going to have a heart attack when you nudge a $160 splitter into a parking curb

thanks for that advice.

PhantomX

Established Member
Lol that was my thought as well. I'd be paranoid with a $750 splitter up front on a daily driver. This one is flexible so not to worried and im getting it wrapped so worst case I mess up the vinyl and have new vinyl put on.

bullet3z

Established Member
Where is everyone getting the Stillen splitter from? Does the one come with the support rods or do you have to buy those extra?

'14 Shelby

Established Member
Where is everyone getting the Stillen splitter from? Does the one come with the support rods or do you have to buy those extra?

From Stillen. The rods come with it but aren't black. The post on the previous page (forgot user name) did a solid job using the provided rods but appers they were installed much better than how the instructions say they should go on

m4tic

Established Member
+1 nay on caliper covers... super tacky. I imagine 4pots will become cheaper now that they are standard equipment on 2015 mustangs. But last year I did a 4pot brembo upgrade for under $600: calipers, rotors, frpp slim dust covers and brake lines.

Snapp

Established Member
My two cents, I've smacked a curb, gone over 140 mph with my stillen front lip and have had zero issues. Tough as nails :)

Kyle

Users who are viewing this thread