STILLEN 2013 Mustang Chin Spoiler Installed

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
STILLEN had an amazing Black Friday deal going on for their newly released chin spoiler and Boss style splitter for the 2013 Mustangs. A couple of buddies and myself decided to jump on them since we wanted something to get rid of that dinky stock chin. Well we received them in the mail yesterday, and I immediately threw on a good thick coat of plastidip and installed mine. I didn't want to paint it since it would be taking the brunt of the debris on the DFW roads. I think the matte finish the PD has gives a nice trim accent to the front of the car. Too much DIB can be overkill.

Let me know what you guys think!

OLD
8177614776_f9e116e793_b.jpg

NEW
IMG_2448.gif

IMG_2450.gif

IMG_2452.gif

IMG_2453.gif

IMG_2456.gif

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
how much did you pay and i know you dont want to paint it but PAINT IT, you owe it to the car :)

looks great if it were painted, makes me wanna get one sooner then later

D.T.R

Established Member
Looks pretty good. You should take some pics from further away... maybe from 40 or 50ft away to see how it looks.
I like it unpainted... I think if you paint it it'll be "too much" ... kind of the same thing they say about the rear, compared to the 11/12' rears.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
Looks pretty good. You should take some pics from further away... maybe from 40 or 50ft away to see how it looks.
I like it unpainted... I think if you paint it it'll be "too much" ... kind of the same thing they say about the rear, compared to the 11/12' rears.

i dont know man, this looks sick painted but i agree about hte rear lower valance needing to be painted to unbloat the rear end a bit, heres another DIB with it painted

2013 Ford Mustang GT Street Scene Stillen Generation 2 Chin Spoiler Installed! - YouTube

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I'll take some better photos when I go to lunch. It was overcast this morning, that's why everything is washed out. I'll get some distance shots for sure.

STILLEN was charging $174.95 shipped, and it arrived in 3 days via FedEx.

That guy was the one that made me decide to get this chin. But I didn't like how "LOOK AT MY COLOR" his front end was. I know the rockers are PTM now, but I think the PD black gives a nice contrast to tie together the grills, so they aren't the only think left black on the front.

Plus, I think it gives it the slightly more aggressive, "unfinished" look I likes about the lower '11/12 fascias.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Paint it, then get it clear wrapped. It looks out of place now that all the lower plastic is painted on the 13s

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Dirty, is it bolted up or just 3M taped?

Just 3M taped with the adhesion promoter applied (that was a mistake :nonono: )

Paint it, then get it clear wrapped. It looks out of place now that all the lower plastic is painted on the 13s
I know it doesn't really flow with the other body panels, but I like it PD'ed. On the side profile of a car, I can handle a large amount of the paint color, because the car is designed to have body lines draw your attention to the overall picture. But for the front I think you can do too much paint match depending on what color you have. Obviously black on black is one of the only colors where that doesn't apply. I like to have a contrast of colors, even if the other amounts of black aren't exactly large in area.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Fair enough and at the end of the day it's your ride, if you like that's all that matters. To me it just makes me think of all the guys that drive around with body kits unpainted that clearly don't match the rest of the car.

87hatchy

Established Member
Just my opinion, but i dont like it. Too big too much going on. But definitely like it black. The one painted DIB in the vid above makes the car look like even more of a fatass than it already is

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Fair enough and at the end of the day it's your ride, if you like that's all that matters. To me it just makes me think of all the guys that drive around with body kits unpainted that clearly don't match the rest of the car.
Yeah, definitely trying to avoid that. LOL. I do appreciate your opinion. I may end up painting it later down the road if I pick up a DD to keep this one somewhat "pristine".

Just my opinion, but i dont like it. Too big too much going on. But definitely like it black. The one painted DIB in the vid above makes the car look like even more of a fatass than it already is
This one is the smallest out of all the actual chin spoilers, not splitters, released for the 2013 so far. I hate the enormous CDC/RTR chin. The Roush I really liked as well, as it was like mix between a chin spoiler and splitter, and is about the same size, but the install is a complete PITA! This one literally just uses tape to stick over the OE chin spoiler, and that's it.

I really wanted a splitter, but I like how this chin has a slope to it, rather than just being a 3-4" piece of plastic looking like it gorws from under the fascia. I think the slope helps it match the nose of the car more from a side profile.

Last edited:

FreddieG

Established Member
I have the same one...just need to paint it and install it. Looks good and makes it more aggressive for sure. Incorporate some more matte black pieces and it would look killer.

87hatchy

Established Member
This one is the smallest out of all the actual chin spoilers, not splitters, released for the 2013 so far. I hate the enormous CDC/RTR chin. The Roush I really liked as well, as it was like mix between a chin spoiler and splitter, and is about the same size, but the install is a complete PITA! This one literally just uses tape to stick over the OE chin spoiler, and that's it.

I really wanted a splitter, but I like how this chin has a slope to it, rather than just being a 3-4" piece of plastic looking like it gorws from under the fascia. I think the slope helps it match the nose of the car more from a side profile.

I'm not familiar with a lot of other choices, but I think I've seen the CDC one before...jesus that thing is like a snow plow hahaha. I've just never been a big fan of apperance mods besides wheels/lowering. But hey if you like it and got a good deal on it then thats awesome :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread