STILL need spring help..with pic!

svtmc-g

Established Member
Still tryin to figure this out...which springs will do THIS?
photodisplay.php

cobraracer46

Banned
You don't want to know what springs were used to lower that SVT because if a cobra with a stock k member is lowered more than inch and a half, the suspension geometry goes to shit and the handling actually gets worse.

1LOSVT

Sittn Lo on Chrome
Established Member
those look like h&r super sport....mine looks like that in the back...i got coil overs in the front

edit* thanks TAZ for the correction....mine are "sport" and not "super sport"

Last edited:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
my supersports are not that low.

imho, that is WAY too low.

these are super sports

augustb.gif

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
cause the spring rates are like 150lbs whereas IRS springs are like 600lbs.

thats why solid axle and IRS don't use the same springs.

Taz

Established Member
Boogie Man said:
http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/...+Sport+Spring+Set&partNum=51652.77&perfCode=A

sorry for the long, ugly link, but why does it say "excludes models with IRS"?

I have no idea howTire Rack came up with those if you searched for springs for an '01 Cobra.

:shrug:

Those are for stick axle 'Stangs. H&R doesn't make "Super Sport" kits for IRS Cobras. Never did. Only Sport Spring" and "Race Spring" kits.

Want straight answers about H&R springs?

Go to the source

Happy trails,

T-

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
svtmc-g said:
Still tryin to figure this out...which springs will do THIS?
photodisplay.php

Cut the stock front springs 1 coil and the rears 3/4 coil and leave the isolators out and that's the drop you'll get.

Here's my old 99 I had about 2 years ago with 1 coil cut front and rear with no isolators. 1 complete coil in the rear is too much so I'd do it with 3/4 coil instead

markcob2.jpg

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Boogie Man said:
anything else or just steeda springs on all four corners?

Stock isolators all around. The rears were pretty smashed up, so it is like there aren't any back there.

svtmc-g

Established Member
Actually, the pic I posted is MY car with a photochop. I figured it was too low for the real world but I love the stance I made. I won't cut coils or do things like that and I DO want a decent ride and handling as good as I can get it....without coilivers...I'm too broke for that!haha
I'm just gonna get an Eibach Pro-Kit and be done with it...even thogh the rear will be a bit higher than the front...which I don't want. Keep the ride...better the handling and just settle. I could probably keep the stock ios's in the front ans take out the rears to get a bit lower rear and reduce the rake. blah blah Thanks for lookin fella's.
Mc-G

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
If you are worried about ride quality I'd advise against just doing springs. The stock shocks and struts are not valved to adaquatly damp a higher rate than stock spring. You'll be a little bouncy and the ride will likely be pretty harsh.

Do achieve a better ride quality that is firm not harsh you need to do shocks and struts at teh same time. I would recommend the Bilstein BTS kit. It includes Bilstein HD shocks/struts and progressive rate coil springs. It'll bb your best bet for maintaining a quality ride and better handling.

www.shox.com has the kit for IRS equipped mustangs for $699.00

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member
yeah I agree looks altered...but you don't want it that low...I have Kenny Browns, and I bottom out sometimes, always makes me cringe, that thing would be draggin on the ground

Users who are viewing this thread