Still Detonating

AtlCobra01

Established Member
hey guys...and girls,

I took out the diablo chip and added the C&L 80mm MAM. I AM STILL DETONATING. I never really noticed it before I put the chip in, but after it was in, it was the only thing I noticed. Maybe it's possible I have one of the ones that does have the "ping". Is this warrantied? Do I just take it in to the dealership. I dynoed at 279.7 hp/ 281.6 lb/ft with the MAM on it. Shouldn't I see more? I dynoed that STOCK, and lost 5hp and 7lb/ft with the chip on it?

A friend told me that the computer reconizes detonation and retards the timing below stock and the car loses 3-5% at the wheels when it detonates....any truth? What the heck can I do? I am becoming very aggrevated. Help please...

thanks,

paull b

i am scanning my dyno sheets now and will post them shortly.:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

svtmesoon

Established Member
Have any of you with the pinging problem tried mixing some unleaded Cam2 with your 92 octane fuel? It sure does eliminate pinging in my RR,(leaded Cam2) but that is a different story all together. I have an 8 gal fuel cell in my bird, and mix the fuel 5(racing) to 3(gasoline), works well, and still smells great. It is worth a try, it just may cure your pinging blues There are a lot of different brands of racing fuel,(Sunoco, VP,Phillips, etc so what is available in your area may vary.
Later, Ric

YELL-OSNAKE

Established Member
I would suggest pulling the mass-air meter, and going back to square one, and seeing which parts work well with each other. it problems still persist, them go to dealer. make sure to reset factory computer after removing/adding each mod. disconnect the neg cable for @2-3- min, then re-connect. when you first put the key in, all needles will "peg", then return to normal, start, and test. I had similer problems, not detonation, but stuttering, went back to square one, and found out it was my pro-m 87mm mass air causing problems. just some advice. :)

Users who are viewing this thread