• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Stiegemeier snake bite

Discussion in 'Terminator Talk' started by dynobobstieg, Jul 9, 2009.

1. CobraMac

CobraMac Active Member Established Member

Correct me if I'm wrong...but he's already telling people to hand him money. He wants a down payment on it before even ANY legitimate...no wait...ANY info has come out about this. I can understand EVERYONE's extreme hesistance about all of this.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  2. yan88gt

yan88gt Member Established Member

Just trowing idea's. Maybe the M112 is bored and stuffed with bigger rotors and now having a bigger displacement than 1.8 liter. That could explain the increase in boost.

3. CobraMac

Been thought of and discussed already. That would be too expensive to do

4. LTHL VNM

LTHL VNM GODZILLA Established Member

that is my current setup, my Cobra will be on a trailer down to Houston soon for a little more boost in the coming weeks. I will get the graphs and post them. I'll try to do a pull with the 3.1 upper on there to get a graph to verify my claims, but i'm switching it to a 2.93....I don't have any graphs to post, otherwise i woulda taken advantage of all the free t-shirt offers that Stegmeier offers when you post a 500/525/540etc RWHP graphs.

5. rw95gt

rw95gt Yes, it's stock. Established Member

i was approved and im not sure if this will work for me. im already running a 2.93 upper and 6lb lower. im making good power with this pulley setup and my stage 4 port. i think it would be pointless to go back to a stock upper just to make the same numbers. im going to call and see if i can run my current pulley setup with the snake bite. that would most likely put me at 21 to 22 psi. thats a lot of boost from the little eaton. if the snake bite can keep up with that kind of boost then it would be worth the money. so far all i have seen is the snake bite makes more boost with stock pulleys. if thats the only thing it does then it wouldn't make sense for me to go through with it. if there is more to it then just more boost then it might be worth it. he is claiming 550rwhp with a stock upper and 6lb lower and supporting mods. so thats what 18 psi? im running that currently and make 530,570 on a safe tune. if i add some timing im sure i could see 550 or close to it. i just dont think its worth it to the guys already running aggressive pulley combos UNLESS we can keep are pulley setup and get close to the 600rwhp barrier. im going to call in the morning and i will post up what i find out. this has got to be on more peoples mind then just mine.

6. Red3

Red3 New Member Established Member

How many days has it been now with no post at all from them? Not even one of their usual vague posts we get.......

7. stangliter04

stangliter04 Active Member Established Member

F' it.... get a Whipple!

8. mean03

mean03 New Member Established Member

Damn I am torn between what to do, do I port or save the big money for the whipple? Port is defintely cheaper..

9. fudgerunyard

fudgerunyard Banned

In order to hit the magical 550rwhp, Bob suggests all the mods you would get for a Whipple/KB setup, PLUS longtubes, which could easily set you back $1300-1500, and run high octane race fuel. Longtubes and Torco aren't necessary with a twinscrew to hit 570-600rwhp.

Since the Snakebite itelf is $1500, PLUS $1300-1500 for longtubes, your now up to roughly $3000. Spend the extra $500 and get a twinscrew and make 570-600rwhp safely on pump gas.

10. rotor_powerd

rotor_powerd Well-Known Member Established Member

This isn't for those looking to make the most power, of course a twin screw is the way to go for that. This is meant for those looking to set the bar with an Eaton car.

11. XyX

XyX It's in the Game Established Member

why is thread still going? just let it die and see if another "SNAKEBITE THE BEST BLAH BLAH EVER" thread pop up

I'd put money on another would pop up

12. KINGCOBRA86

KINGCOBRA86 Tvs @ 22psi ftw Established Member

hmmmmmmm didnt think of that might as well get a k.b 2.2 and make 600 hp on pump gas

but hay what do i care i dont own a 03/04 cobra so what do i know lol

13. MVD

MVD Active Member Established Member

Not sure where you are buying these gold plated LT's at, but mine were $600, which included midpipe and O2 extensions.

14. fudgerunyard

fudgerunyard Banned

Unless you have the know-how, your going to need somebody to install those $600 LT's...and labor on LT's isn't cheap.

15. CobraMac

600 for LT's with O2 extensions and midpipe? Where did you get those at? Walmart? Lol jk.....i have never heard of good legitimate LT's for that cheap...and I def wouldn't cheap out on LT's

16. MVD

MVD Active Member Established Member

Sorry I assumed you had the know how to install them yourself.

You just have to know where to shop.

17. boostedoval

boostedoval New Member Established Member

you can get a set of nice looking bbk longtubes for 450 shipped.

18. fudgerunyard

fudgerunyard Banned

Since Bob requires LT's and a race tune to hit 550rwhp with Snakebite, what would a Stage IV or V Steggy do once you added LT's and some Torco...i know many stage 5's have hit 515-520 without LT's and Torco, so i would assume that adding those 2 things would get you pretty damn close to the 550rwhp Snakebite is aiming for.:shrug:

19. kezell

kezell MW3-kezell17 Established Member

Have yall heard about the "pit viper port"? Its supposed to put down 565 through the stock manifolds.

20. slowmoving1

slowmoving1 New Member Established Member

I'M going to try it I will let you guys know i a week or 2 ,on results.sending blower out 8-19-09