Stiegemeier snake bite

CobraMac

Established Member
This has really opened my eyes to things....I'm glad I've started sending people asking me about porting their blower to posi...this is ridiculous with all the claims, than false claims, than claims that the false claims were false....how do we know what responses are honest and what aren't?!

ttk53

Established Member
I don't think he was referring to Steig's numbers, I think he was referring to this post by yourself 1 measly page back:

Looks to me like your car doesn't even make 530 STD.

Ok 528.78 and I was saying no where does it say what steigs numbers are in

It doesn't matter to me what steig's number are. Just pointing out the
fact that your numbers are STD, which is why they are inflated.

Yikes...little lean huh?

No big deal there for an Eaton car.

Um it does matter what steigs are in for apples to apples. and how is 12:1 lean, plus my AIT2 never got above 110* and it was dynoed on an 80* day

and if you look a few pages back my car is making 512 SAE so lower and headers still goign to make 550 seeing how my dyno doesnt peek till like 6350 showing that my blower can still flow more air.

All of this is going to force me to spend money on a lower and redyno my car.

CobraMac

Established Member

Um it does matter what steigs are in for apples to apples. and how is 12:1 lean, plus my AIT2 never got above 110* and it was dynoed on an 80* day

and if you look a few pages back my car is making 512 SAE so lower and headers still goign to make 550 seeing how my dyno doesnt peek till like 6350 showing that my blower can still flow more air.

All of this is going to force me to spend money on a lower and redyno my car.

Just to let you know....headers are not going to gain you 38 whp, especially on a eaton. They don't even do that on a TS blower....sirriccus on here, a buddy of mine, threw LT's on his whippled cobra and gained around 20-25rwhp. So 38 is way out of the question for you...especially with the eaton

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member

Steig's numbers have nothing to do with this - that's my point.

YOU said your car makes 530 whp SAE, then post up a dyno graph as "proof" showing that it makes 528 STD. That is the point I'm trying to make. Realisitcally, your car probably makes 515 whp SAE. You will struggle to hit 550whp SAE with just headers and a lower, especially as thin as you are stretching your AFR's to hit 528 STD.

Last edited:

ttk53

Established Member
Just to let you know....headers are not going to gain you 38 whp, especially on a eaton. They don't even do that on a TS blower....sirriccus on here, a buddy of mine, threw LT's on his whippled cobra and gained around 20-25rwhp. So 38 is way out of the question for you...especially with the eaton

headers and a 4# lower will get 38 whp when you have an efficent blower.

and if we are talking STD I only need 21 whp

I dont even have a bigger HE or coolant tank

ttk53

Established Member
Steig's numbers have nothing to do with this - that's my point.

YOU said your car makes 530 whp SAE, then post up a dyno graph as "proof" showing that it makes 528 STD. That is the point I'm trying to make. Realisitcally, your car probably makes 515 whp SAE. You will struggle to hit 550whp SAE with just headers and a lower, especially as thin as you are stretching your AFR's to hit 528 STD.

sorry your right brain fart ment to put STD it is changed now

and with lower AIT2 temp 12:1 isnt stretching it

CobraMac

Established Member
headers and a 4# lower will get 38 whp when you have an efficent blower.

and if we are talking STD I only need 21 whp

Couple things....nobody cares about STD numbers...I could live in alaska and have amazing STD numbers when its really cold. Second...your last post said you would have 550 with headers....now with a 4# lower and headers that is possible...not headers alone though. Lastly...a bigger HE and coolant tank does not give you anymore horsepower...all it does it help you cool the car down more efficiently...so those things don't matter at all

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
and with lower AIT2 temp

It's IAT2.

You won't pick up any power with those mods anyway.
They'll help prevent timing from being pulled, but that's about it
unless you stuff a 5 gallon tank in your trunk and pack it full of ice.

12:1 isnt stretching it

If you say so. It's your car...doesn't matter a bit to me. Good luck.
I think you might need it.

Last edited:

yellowgt02

Established Member
You won't pick up any power with those mods anyway.
They'll help prevent timing from being pulled, but that's about it
unless you stuff a 5 gallon tank in your trunk and pack it full of ice.

Wrong, I think Jake(badass03svt) made some extra power with Ice in the tank.

CobraMac

Established Member
Wrong, I think Jake(badass03svt) made some extra power with Ice in the tank.

If you let the cars with ice tanks sit there and cool down and run ice cold coolant than any of the terminators with blowers and ince tanks can be dyno queens....the thing is though...the cars coolant will not stay ice cold on the streets, we all know that. I iced down my blowant and ran ice through the tank for 15 minutes and made 11rwhp/13rwtq more than when the coolant was just normal temp. But I'm not gonna be icing my blower and coolant tank at every stop light

Ls1z28-00

Established Member
This has really opened my eyes to things....I'm glad I've started sending people asking me about porting their blower to posi...this is ridiculous with all the claims, than false claims, than claims that the false claims were false....how do we know what responses are honest and what aren't?!

I agree, not posting numbers is just rediclous. Why even post up about a new product if your only going to speculate what it will do. I can understand not posting how there making more boost with the same pulley, but i would even let us in on that. Im sure posi is loveing the business though :burnout:

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
The more this thread grows the better it is for them...their getting the attention they wanted...it being good and bad.

deec73

Established Member
I think this "Jerry Springer" thread should be locked or deleted and when the SnakeBite is ready to be released or actually proven, then a new thread can be started showing it off.

This entire thread has been nothing but DRAMA from the 1st page, to this page.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Now that I look over all this again, he is only claiming 550whp and he himself said 19.5-20lbs of boost.

my car makes 530whp (STD) on 14.5-15lbs of boost as it sits now. NO long tubes, NO Ported Dragon, NO staright shot CAI unshrouded.

Jlt fender CAI (said to lose HP)

with a lower, LT's and a dragon my car will make well over 550hp

hell with a differnt intake and dragon it may make 550 as an upper only stock log car.
Ummm, I'm sorry but that is highly unlikely. Hitting a "legitimate" 550 RWHP SAE with a non-nitrous, stock motor Eaton setup is EXTREMELY rare to the point of essentially being non-existent. Justin Toliver hit 568/591 SAE on Pro Dyno's Dynojet with his very-aggressive Stage V+ setup, but while Dan has an excellent reputation as an 03/04' tuner, the dyno there also has a rep for higher numbers than others achieve. However, Justin has backed up a very high power level with a 132.92 MPH, the highest ever achieved with a non-nitrous Eaton Terminator.

Broke7's 544 RWHP and Trey193's 541 RWHP (both SAE),are perhaps two of the highest legitimate power levels that have been achieved and both these fellas certainly backed their numbers up at the track. There's a few Mustang Dynos out there that have consistently produced numbers that are artificially inflated due to the loading of the dyno. It's becoming more and more apparent that the Eaton, as it sits, with the "current" porting technology, has fairly clearly defined limits as to it's peak power potential. One can continue to add "goodies" to complement the Eaton, but the blower itself is the limiting factor and with these aggressively setup and tuned Eatons, the goodies are adding VERY little peak power. Now, improvements under the curve at lower RPM's may still have some small room to grow with aggressive modding.

I've hit 530 RWHP SAE on two seperate Dynojets with an aggressive Eaton setup. Backed it up with a 130.45 MPH at 3,700 lbs race weight so I know the combo is producing pretty decent power. Just wish I could drive a bit better to take advantage of it.......

If the Snake Bite exceeds 550 RWHP SAE, then it will indeed take the Eaton to new levels of performance as Steigemeieir has proclaimed. It has been posted that the cutoff date for submitting the $100 downpayment is August 17th. Without more information on what exactly the SnakeBite is, I would think it would be tough to make a financial committment for this option.

Last edited:

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
Ummm, I'm sorry but that is highly unlikely. Hitting a "legitimate" 550 RWHP SAE with a non-nitrous, stock motor Eaton setup is EXTREMELY rare to the point of essentially being non-existent. Justin Toliver hit 568/591 SAE on Pro Dyno's Dynojet with his very-aggressive Stage V+ setup, but while Dan has an excellent reputation as an 03/04' tuner, the dyno there also has a rep for higher numbers than others achieve. However, Justin has backed up a very high power level with a 132.92 MPH, the highest ever achieved with a non-nitrous Eaton Terminator.

Broke7's 544 RWHP and Trey193's 541 RWHP (both SAE),are perhaps two of the highest legitimate power levels that have been achieved and both these fellas certainly backed their numbers up at the track. There's a few Mustang Dynos out there that have consistently produced numbers that are artificially inflated due to the loading of the dyno. It's becoming more and more apparent that the Eaton, as it sits, with the "current" porting technology, has fairly clearly defined limits as to it's peak power potential. One can continue to add "goodies" to complement the Eaton, but the blower itself is the limiting factor and with these aggressively setup and tuned Eatons, the goodies are adding VERY little peak power. Now, improvements under the curve at lower RPM's may still have some small room to grow with aggressive modding.

I've hit 530 RWHP SAE on two seperate Dynojets with an aggressive Eaton setup. Backed it up with a 130.45 MPH at 3,700 lbs race weight so I know the combo is producing pretty decent power. Just wish I could drive a bit better to take advantage of it.......

If the Snake Bite exceeds 550 RWHP SAE, then it will indeed take the Eaton to new levels of performance as Steigemeieir has proclaimed. It has been posted that the cutoff date for submitting the $100 downpayment is August 17th. Without more information on what exactly the SnakeBite is, I would think it would be tough to make a financial committment for this option.

I agree! Also, 96stanggt and lthl vnm both claim 550rwhp on dynojets, and both have the stage 3 port.

If the snake bite does make 550 sae on multiple cars, then I will be a believer.

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
I was approved for the program. I am going for the stock look. No bling, no visual after market mods, ect. open the hood and if you look hard enough all you will see is the snout removed from the air box. To bad money is so tight right now I will have to wait.

BTW
I don't understand all of the drama, and BS brought on by people that are not even interested in his products. It is like what goes on between a bunch of high school girls!

Ls1z28-00

Established Member
I agree! Also, 96stanggt and lthl vnm both claim 550rwhp on dynojets, and both have the stage 3 port.

If the snake bite does make 550 sae on multiple cars, then I will be a believer.

Ive seen a guy with POSI's port putting down 549RWHP.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I was always under the impression that Kevin hit his number on a Mustang Dyno. And I thought that LTHL VNM's best was 535/531 STD on Strictly's Dynojet.

Ive seen a guy with POSI's port putting down 549RWHP.
I assume you are referring to cozmo2806 who put down 538.34 SAE peak RWHP on.......ProDyno's Dynojet.

I've done a bunch of "prowling" on Eaton performance for the past 5 years, but certainly don't want to get into a pissing match about dyno numbers. Just WAY too many variables and inconsistencies. The above are all STRONG running Eaton Cobras! :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread