Stiegemeier snake bite

dynobobstieg

597/590 3.0 upper, stock lower 20.1 psi, 19* timing
706/836 with 100 shot.

Is that possible with a whipple?

These are the FALSE numbers that someone put up on MF stating it was with our Snake Bite. The person who started the thread is not one of our customer's.

wow, cursing out someone's wife over a few post on an internet forum? a true class act :nonono:

This is one side of the story
! It must be true because Eric posted it?

Damn I just read all 12 pages from the MF thread. What a buncha bs.
TOTALLY AGREE, but that is how they run their site.

Stieg refuted the info that was posted that they put online in a public album and somebody posted on MF. Robyn from Stieg called up owner of MF and screamed at them for "letting it happen" and acted very unprofessional. Stieg got the BAN STICK from MF.

Again this is one side of the story and NOT what happened.

they were not banned for that...that happened a while ago so lets not start even more false info

This is true, thanks.

We never intended for this drama over a new product that is intended to let the Eaton community get the most power at a reasonable cost.

Stiegemeier
StiegeSplash
636-949-2275

Last edited by a moderator:

AaronK

Established Member
This is getting pretty entertaining now... I keep checking on this thread to see what numbers this thing will put down, I'm often disappointed when I don't find any NEW information about this blower but that disappointment leaves me when I start reading some of these posts. Soap operas aint got shit on the snake bite thread! lol :beer:

ttk53

Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xvuUp6Of1Y"]YouTube - ttk53 - Ported Eaton dyno run 1[/ame]

The TKbite 700hp and 689tq -2* timing 85* AIT2

waiting to find out about this is killing me and if he has a patten pending just post the data. no one can steal it now.

This is me being a smart ass real numbers in sig sorry if this make anyone mad but I found it funny

Last edited:

vickerw

Established Member
Stieg continues to be pretty professional about this whole thing in my opinion.:shrug:
& this has really gotten out of hand.:nonono:

fudgerunyard

Banned
What the hell is preventing Stieg from posting up a few graphs and a dyno or two at this point. This fiasco has been going on for a few weeks now, and i'm beginning to wonder if they're not enjoying all the controversy. Considering that you do own your own dyno, why the HUGE delay in putting out some #'s? Perhaps if you weren't prepared to spill the beans, you should have waited before making this huge announcement, with ABSOLUTELY NO FACTS to show the products true worth.

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
So my application from last month was approved but I still don't have any info on what I'm putting a deposit down on. No real data to back up the claims, no IAT numbers. Hell, we can't even get an answer on HOW this is done.

Is it all done through port work?
Are the rotors getting any work performed on them or being replaced?
Is the gearing in the snout changing at all?

I don't see why these questions can't be answered. We're not asking for specific details of how exactly the porting is done, etc. We just want to know the method. Simply saying "It's a combo of port work and work on the rotors" does not endanger any patents or allow anyone to possibly copy what you're doing.

Instead, we get vague, canned answers along with being reminded you are a small, elite business.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Like I said before, I don't harbor any ill personal feelings toward Bob or his business, but all of this drama and banning and he said she said BS is his fault.
I said it before and I'll say it again, the Internet works both ways. If you live by the sword, you need to be prepaid to be cut by the sword and maybe even die by the sword.
Bob entered into two of the largest SVT web forums in the world and made VERY bold claims about a modification that he was offering to the Terminator community. He never supplied any details to back it up and just let this turd roll on down the hill until it became a big giant ball of crap.
Now we're sitting here arguing with each other, over something that we don't even know for sure exists. Meanwhile, Steggy and the boys hide behind the "we're just trying to make a good product for you guys, why are we getting grief" posts.
If Bob honestly thought there was a possibility of someone stealing his design or profiting from his hard work, he should have waited until securities were in place to limit it, before claiming to the world that he discovered the holy grail.
No one is to blame but him and I am starting to think that this is all calculated and purposeful. Think about it, who would not have scene this coming? Who would honestly believe that they could post record breaking performance claims at low cost, supply very little to zero information or support for the claim and then expect over month later to not have a 20+ page thread of drama???
If you ask me, 547 views and 16k+ replies says it all, M A R K E T I N G S C H E M E!!!

I do this kind of stuff at work all the time just for the sheer comedic value, but that's in a venue of like maybe 20 people (most of whom I have immense mental superiority over and its really just a practice of Jeti Mind Fu&*ing), not 85,000+ well educated, passionate hobbyists and racers....
If Bob took advantage of the SVT faithful and allowed all this to carry on simply to get publicity, than shame on him and he deserves the drama that he deals with. If it's truly just something that got blown out of proportion and Bob didn't see coming, than I still have no sympathy because it could have all been ended a month ago with some honesty and up-front posts that answered some of the questions that were asked. At least the basic things that could have given the more knowledgeable members some food for thought to soak on while waiting for the rest of the data.
All this secrecy, lack of information does nothing but breed distrust and thoughts of dishonesty. If you don't believe me, just look at our very own Government....:read:

Now if you want to throw out claims like this and provide no information to back it up for over a month, that's your right (no matter what your ultimate agenda was in the beginning), but you can't complain when people start to question your integrity and joksters start making crap up.

Last edited:

ttk53

Established Member
Now that I look over all this again, he is only claiming 550whp and he himself said 19.5-20lbs of boost.

my car makes 530whp (STD) on 14.5-15lbs of boost as it sits now. NO long tubes, NO Ported Dragon, NO staright shot CAI unshrouded.

Jlt fender CAI (said to lose HP)

with a lower, LT's and a dragon my car will make well over 550hp

hell with a differnt intake and dragon it may make 550 as an upper only stock log car.

Last edited:

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
Now that I look over all this again, he is only claiming 550whp and he himself said 19.5-20lbs of boost.

my car makes 530whp (SAE) on 14.5-15lbs of boost as it sits now. NO long tubes, NO Ported Dragon, NO staright shot CAI unshrouded.

hell with a differnt intake and dragon it may make 550 as an upper only stock log car.

bs. nobody has made that kind of power with the mods you claim to have. your eaton must be ported by god himself.

ttk53

Established Member
bs. nobody has made that kind of power with the mods you claim to have. your eaton must be ported by god himself.

Proof:loser:
scan0001.jpg

and two other dynos a few pages back.:shrug:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
who says steigs numbers arnt STD

I don't think he was referring to Steig's numbers, I think he was referring to this post by yourself 1 measly page back:

my car makes 530whp (SAE) on 14.5-15lbs of boost as it sits now.

Looks to me like your car doesn't even make 530 STD.

Last edited:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member

my car makes 530whp (SAE) on 14.5-15lbs of boost as it sits now. NO long tubes, NO Ported Dragon, NO staright shot CAI unshrouded.

He was originally claiming 500/500 "with stock pullies," giving no other information at all. I personally think that this kind of statement is or can be construed as a misleading statement to insinuate that the SB will produce 500/500 results on stock boost levels. My opinion and that's all.
Post 103 on page 5 (7/10/2009):

The SNAKE BITE will break all Cobra records.
The SNAKE BITE will produce 500 RWHP on a 03/04 Cobra's with OEM pulley's.

Then again in post 302 on page 13 (7/19/2009):

The SNAKE BITE is for those of you who want to run the Eaton and break records, or you may just want to leave stock pulley on and hit 500, everyone has different goals.

That was over a week after the first post and still lofty claims with no support.

At post # 400, page 16 I posted a simple question asking what the boost level was with the "stock pulley" combo that they were making their 500/500 claims with. A few pages later, one of the Kool-Aid drinking Steggy supporters tried to hose me and make it sound like I was calling Bob out or bashing him in some way.... Still no answer from Bob or Steggy, but post 428 I try to clarify my questions and explain my reasons for skepticism.
Once again post 467 I ask for the boost numbers, very nicely I might add, with stock pulleys. To that I get this:

Post 468, page 19 (8/6/2009):

3.0 Upper pulley Stock Lower pulley
As you can hear the sound level output is up 40% minimum. Boost increased 6-7 #s to 19.5-20 #s.
Boost rate of rise is double also no boost drop anywhere. Belt tension very moderate, adjuster indicator is in OEM Stock location very easy on pulley bearing and Front Drive assemblies. By retaining you OEM Crank dampener your harmonic control is maintained and bearing life is increased. Power levels of this car will not yet be disclosed on owners request

Come on, owners request?? How would anyone have known who's car it was if he simply left out the video and posted the answer to the question. Honestly, he still didn't answer the question I asked. He gave us the boost numbers with a 3.0 upper which is FAR from stock.
This whole post is clearly evidence that Bob has the power figures that this blower is producing, he just isn't posting it. This post could have solved everything and calmed everyone down if he just came clean with the truth and the results. ONE sentence:

"I just had a car on the dyno with a SB, 3.0 upper and stock lower and it made BLAGH BLAGH BLAGH at XX psi of boost." The whole thing would have been done at that point. Instead, over a month from the original post, we still have very little information backing up the claims or even confirming that this mod even exists.
Then enters Steggy-Gate and the CIA conspiracy of someone hacking into Photobucket accounts and posting false performance figures on different sites, which in turn dripped down to this one.

Look everyone, like I've been saying all along, I don't think Bob is a bad guy or dishonest. I simply think this entire thing is a bunch of crap that could have been avoided or at least slowed a month ago. Maybe the original intention was not to create a whirl wind of publicity, but you can't convince me that once it began, Bob had any intention of stopping it or even slowing it. He just kept feeding it by posting vague, fact-less posts with BIG claims and little support to the claims.

I truely hope that this thing meets and exceedes the expectations that have been put out there, but I can't help but think that this entire ordeal has dealt some damaging blows to Steggys reputation. Maybe the results of the SB out in the public will eventually repair all that, but I just don't see the point of putting yourself in that position.

Users who are viewing this thread