Sticking throttle body causing high idle?

MayoSVT

Just slithering through
Established Member
I have solve the "miss at idle" issue now with a new alternator...which seemed to be not supplying the coilsd with enough juice for a hard hitting spark.

Anyway, the car will get an odd higher than normal idle, instead of being 750-800, it sits around 1200 ish.

I can manually, under the hood close down on the throttle body which instantly drops the idle down back to normal.

I have read others with this issue. What is the fix? What about the springon the side of the tb?

Ideas? Thanks!

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I have solve the "miss at idle" issue now with a new alternator...which seemed to be not supplying the coilsd with enough juice for a hard hitting spark.

Anyway, the car will get an odd higher than normal idle, instead of being 750-800, it sits around 1200 ish.

I can manually, under the hood close down on the throttle body which instantly drops the idle down back to normal.

I have read others with this issue. What is the fix? What about the springon the side of the tb?

Ideas? Thanks!

I've posted the fix for this a few times (sorry no link off hand, I should put in my sig lol). A spring is a hack at best and makes for a very stiff gas pedal. Search for my posts about hanging and or sticking throttle bodies. I've posted fixes for both scenarios.

hotcobra03

Established Member
I tried the spring thing...no help..idle still stuck and was rock hard. .

mine gave code for binding throttle body..I did oem takr off from ebay years ago

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
I just went through this with my accufab. I pulled it and sent it to accufab for repair. Mine had bad bearings in it so it had some side play. Allowing it to bind up on the side not closing all the way.

Users who are viewing this thread