Steps for diagnosing P0443?

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Hey guys, I got my first engine code... lol

I know it has to do with a Evap Purge system fault. What steps should I take to diagnose where my problem is? Is there a specific resistance the solenoid should read? Any direction to start in would be helpful. Thanks

BrianH87

Established Member
Did you get the plug and play harnesses or did you repin when you did your Roush blower? I would start checking the connectors and pins. You could also check the resistance of the solenoid as you stated. For starters, I would just make sure it's not reading open. I can meter mine for you if you want to know what mine reads.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Did you get the plug and play harnesses or did you repin when you did your Roush blower? I would start checking the connectors and pins. You could also check the resistance of the solenoid as you stated. For starters, I would just make sure it's not reading open. I can meter mine for you if you want to know what mine reads.

I did not use the PnP harnesses. I repinned. I tested the valve on the blower elbow directly and it read 18.X ohms. I then plugged it back in and tested the junction located on the passengers side fuel rail area and it also read 18.X ohms. I need to test the wires at the ECU harnesses but I don't know which pins they are and in which plug. Anybody know which pins/plug I should test?

I wonder if I should be testing the solenoid in the rear also.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
More then likely its a bad evap purge valve. Ive replaced a couple at work for p0443

I pulled it off and pulled vacuum on the engine side of the valve and it held vacuum fine. It didn't hold vacuum on the gas tank side, but I'm not sure it's supposed to. Also, the resistance read the same as my buddies that works just fine. Do you have a pin-out diagram for the ecu Blazer?

Users who are viewing this thread