Steggy 5 boost.

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
I've told ya the answer to all of this, lol .... And, it's not how much boost you make necessarily..... It's how efficient it does it. I'm @ 14-14.5psi @ 515/510. Impressive when technically there's less surface area in a ported blower, speaks volumes. More HP you can make on the least amount of boost is ideal. Efficiency.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
The 2.76/4lb combo is close to the exact same as the tested 2.9/6lb combo. If it shows that high of boost on a chart somewhere you won't make it. I never made over 17 with my 2.9/6lb combo in any weather with headers and my o/r exhaust. Usually made a hair over 16. I only have 1 5/8th's headers too.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
We've proven boost doesn't matter with the Eaton we basically know this.

The most you can pulley it in any conditions and it actually pay off with a few extra hp or a little torque is the 2.9/6lb combo or any other combo that's close to that no matter how you pulley it with what size.

After my built motor went in we tried more boost for it and it did nothing.

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
Yah, I made 450/450 with a 2.80" on my non ported blower... Was a super fat, no timing tune too. Something's certainly not right ^^^

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
We've proven boost doesn't matter with the Eaton we basically know this.

The most you can pulley it in any conditions and it actually pay off with a few extra hp or a little torque is the 2.9/6lb combo or any other combo that's close to that no matter how you pulley it with what size.

After my built motor went in we tried more boost for it and it did nothing.

But didn't you or someone else show that (with your port) using a 6lb lower with a 2.9 vs. a 4lb lower basically did nothing but make your IAT2's go up? It made something like 5wtq if that.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
You got a few hp and some torque over the 2.9/6lb combo and the 2.9/4lb combo. So if you want to run max hp/tq the 2.9/6lb combo is as far as you want to pulley it. Jake stayed with the 2.9/6lb combo over his old 2.9/4lb combo when he switched to it and he wouldn't have stayed if the car didn't go faster or show gains at the track.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Had the Steggy stg 3/2.76/4#/N2O combo for a long time. 18-19# was what I saw. Belt slip was an issue every now and then. Tons of fun when I was using my Cobra as my DD. Would do it again but do the 2.93/6# pulley setup instead.

Users who are viewing this thread