steg/stage 5 complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrose75

Established Member
according to your sig you might need to read through alll this before making your install.:coolman:

I have read the vast majority of it until I got sick from the schoolgirl antics. But I am definately following this thread. But that's why I said read the thread and stop the mud slinging, I'm reading. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

CobraMac

Established Member
So even though a plate problem exist you start this crap 1 1/2 years after you bought a blower with a 1 year warranty, Bob still offers to replace it and you do this?
Not once that I can find did he ever have any questions about the tuning issues or blower issues till now?
With all the Tech info here it was never brought up?
I will not say my opinion of how this started.

Not saying anyone is right or wrong here, but how do you know the timeline of Bob offering to replace it? He himself even said that he originally would not because it was past warranty, then the thread was created, then he suddenly would replace it. Personally this would not make me happy as a customer that this was the only way to get a vendor to comply.

Although there is a lotttttt more to this story that we have not seen or heard yet I bet. There has to be some more underlying things.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Not saying anyone is right or wrong here, but how do you know the timeline of Bob offering to replace it? He himself even said that he originally would not because it was past warranty, then the thread was created, then he suddenly would replace it. Personally this would not make me happy as a customer that this was the only way to get a vendor to comply.

Although there is a lotttttt more to this story that we have not seen or heard yet I bet. There has to be some more underlying things.

I don't, hence why I was asking for info.

All I got was some beat around the bush stuff. All I have is what we have.

I still wonder with over 15 post per day why he never asked about his issues.

Like I said in that post, I'm not trying to blast the OP but there are things I/we want to know.

Does not some of this seem strange?
I don't have the answers. I'm still looking/waiting for the answers.

But do you blame Bob or any vendor who first says no when something is out of warranty?

Hell, most do. As does retail.

JMD0346

Established Member
Ater this kid not posting the tape it just seems like some bs bashing to me. Which is sad because there have been many issues with steigs work that have never to my knowledge been addressed. I know mine wasnt. Other than being told it must be my car that isnt right.

Its been years since and Ive moved on with it. When I take the notion to upgrade again Im sending mine to Posi for a re-port.

At any rate. Ill say it again. If you have the plate on your blower IMO you should REMOVE IT.

I work with Aluminum alot and I can tell you that welding 6061 Aluminum to cast Aluminum will work if done perfectly but it will NOT be strong enough to stand up to the heat/stress/vibration of the inside of an Eaton blower.

Ive welded this many times and have had instances where the weld was cracking right behind the bead I was running. Its just not meant to work.

I can guarentee you there are blowers out there right now with crcked welds riding around.

You can believe me or let it alone. Its up to you.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
The only bs is you baning a guy for being involved in a thread over this. Maybee he didn't wanna post it for legal reasons idk? I do know the stage 5 problem is real and fellow svt people need to know about this. I always thought you were cool Larry heck Ive been on here years and you know I don't get involved in threads like this unless I have a facts.

Did you read his Verbal Abuse TIRADE in the PM he sent to Moderator LL?
If I ran a site and was sent that I would have banned him too!!:burn:

cobrachingon

Established Member
I see by your sig. that you are running a stage 4, so how did you have a plate to remove? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the plate IS what makes a stage 5, a stage 5...

Not doubting you, because maybe you just didn't change your sig. to reflect the blower change/upgrade?:??: Please clarify, though.

i ordered a stage 4 and it came with the plate:shrug:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
dammit 7 pages of nothing.

Could the issues with any possible plate issues been handled better by steggy? Yes if its been reported to them.

I wonder how many people have issues with their plates? I know if I had one on my blower I'd be yanking it first thing.

GTermi

Established Member
Ahhh ok. LOL Cool. I bet you cant wait to get that thing right.

oh man, going from a slow ass 2v to a ported supercharged 4v will be sweet. im also gunna spray it, do u know what the most i should spray? i dont know what i should do on that.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
For all the metallurgists out there, what in the world could of caused this aluminum plate to break like this? I've been studying the pictures and the insufficient welds and thickness of the aluminum is beyond debate, but the way the chunk is missing is puzzling.

DSC_0063-5.jpg

JMD0346

Established Member
For all the metallurgists out there, what in the world could of caused this aluminum plate to break like this? I've been studying the pictures and the insufficient welds and thickness of the aluminum is beyond debate, but the way the chunk is missing is puzzling.

DSC_0063-5.jpg

I made a comment on it in earlier in the thread.

Thats not Aluminum stock that one would buy at a metal supplier. It honestly looks like someting they found and cut a plate out of. The ridges or lines or whatever in it tells me that. Looks like they cut it out of an aluminum awning or some shit. LOL Its junk.

There is no telling what alloy it is. I can tell you this though. 6061 or 6063 or T-6 Aluminum will not break like that. You would not see a chunk fall out of it. That Aluminum in that pic is junk aluminum with a high/low content of alloying elements. Manganese, silicon, copper, nickel etc..

EDIT: Id like to add. I own/operate a steel fab business. Im one of the few shops in my area that work with aluminum. Ive been doing it for 17 years. I hae quite a bit of experience with it. Ive never seen quality aluminum break like that and ive never seen aluminum welded to cast aluminum that held up under stress.

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I see by your sig. that you are running a stage 4, so how did you have a plate to remove? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the plate IS what makes a stage 5, a stage 5...

Not doubting you, because maybe you just didn't change your sig. to reflect the blower change/upgrade?:??: Please clarify, though.
Removing the torque plate does not turn a Stage V into a Stage IV. The Stage V had three upgrades from it's Stage IV predecessor:

1) Raised roof

2) Increase of 2 degree of rotor timing.

3) Torque plate

While Steigemeier Porting is to be applauded for trying to continue to improve on it's successful Stage IV with the Stage V design way back when, the changes in the new design did not appear to improve performance, and the torque plate design issues are now legendary. Agree with several of the previous posts in this thread that there should be a very aggressive campaign on the part of Steigemeier to "recall" the early edition Stage V's and offer appropriate repairs to those owners that request it.

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
This sounds like something they may want to do, as anyone with an early stage V could potentially have the same problem.

1BADSNK

Established Member
Well, this is a big setback for me but my mind has been made up. If I have to rip the damn blower off again than I'm putting a Whipple back on it. My wife is gonna be pissed. I told her last year that I would be happy getting the port & I didnt want to Whipple the car. So, here I am now having to spend $3,000+ to mess with the blower again. I was excited to do other things with that money to the car that will now be pushed back till who knows when. :( I hope the plate will hold up through this summer till I have enough money for the new blower. Wish I could get a refund towards the new blower if when I take the old one off & its cracked. :( Bum deal :(:(

cobracide

Established Member
Well, this is a big setback for me but my mind has been made up. If I have to rip the damn blower off again than I'm putting a Whipple back on it. My wife is gonna be pissed. I told her last year that I would be happy getting the port & I didnt want to Whipple the car. So, here I am now having to spend $3,000+ to mess with the blower again. I was excited to do other things with that money to the car that will now be pushed back till who knows when. :( I hope the plate will hold up through this summer till I have enough money for the new blower. Wish I could get a refund towards the new blower if when I take the old one off & its cracked. :( Bum deal :(:(

Just send it to POSI, he will fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread