steg/stage 5 complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
He got himself banned on purpose so he doesn't have to post what he doesn't have.

There is some BS going on here.

The only bs is you baning a guy for being involved in a thread over this. Maybee he didn't wanna post it for legal reasons idk? I do know the stage 5 problem is real and fellow svt people need to know about this. I always thought you were cool Larry heck Ive been on here years and you know I don't get involved in threads like this unless I have a facts.

Last edited:

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
wish i had my phone conversation, you would hear all kinds of naughty words

He tried to convince me that the plate making noise was just cavitation due to my 2.76/4 pulley ratio. I then told him I was sending it back make it right which he did but ultimatly was the plate really worth me pulling the eaton twice. I'm leaning towards no now and maybee for his sake he will be too.

buddha93

Established Member
The only bs is you baning a guy for being involved in a thread over this. Maybee he didn't wanna post it for legal reasons idk? I do know the stage 5 problem is real and fellow svt people need to know about this. I always thought you were cool Larry heck Ive been on here years and seen your post

:lol:

Anycrap, as far as being purposely banned......BS! I think the OP had enough, was tired of being PC, and then said the hell with it and blasted Larry in a PM at the risk of being banned.

Now, as far as the existance of a recording, I personally would have played it for everyone and anyone to hear if it existed. To the OP, I'd put it on your YouTube account sooner than later. It's all about the "I told you so" factor at this point!

black 10th vert

Established Member
so your saying if a person says something bad about a business then its ok for the business to contact the person and start cussing at them, but its ok cuz they are just another car guy/girl?

I know its off point, but if your going to be professional at something then be professional about everything and not just porting.

Even if he were to get a free blower I still would not feel comfortable about doing business with someone that cussed me out. Id probably take my money elsewhere next time.

Edit: Also what does liking cars have anything to do with the way that a person handles things without being vulgar?

No, go back and read what I wrote again... I wasn't condoning how Bob handled this - even if the foul language thing came into play. What I was saying was that the language thing IS NOT what we should be focusing on here! The really important thing is the resolution of a serious defect. The name calling/swearing is a very secondary issue (inmo), and it seemed to me that too many folks were getting caught up in the drama of that, rather than focusing on the REAL problem - that's all. Sorry if I wasn't clear in my last post, and I was not doubting that those conversations actually happened.;-)

black 10th vert

Established Member

Anycrap, as far as being purposely banned......BS! I think the OP had enough, was tired of being PC, and then said the hell with it and blasted Larry in a PM at the risk of being banned.

Now, as far as the existance of a recording, I personally would have played it for everyone and anyone to hear if it existed. To the OP, I'd put it on your YouTube account sooner than later. It's all about the "I told you so" factor at this point!

While I agree that it was remiss of the op for not posting it, there could be legal ramifications for him doing so, because last I knew - it is illegal to record someone in conversation without their knowledge, unless you are a government agency that has a legitimate warrant to do so. Please correct me, if I'm wrong here...

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
There is some funny business going on. The Phantom tape.:rollseyes

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator

Anycrap, as far as being purposely banned......BS!

Really? How would you know this?

How about the PMs the OP and I exchanged?

Hell We talked a lot but everytime I asked for some kind of timeline he beat around the bush.
Even told me that his hand was tired from all the typing only to post another Whole paragraph in the thread 2 minutes later.

All I wanted was a time frame to try to figure some things out for myself.
About when the blower was bought, when installed, when did you first call Bob. Those kinds of things.

So I did some research myself.
What does it prove? Not much I guess other than the OP has said things in the past that contradicts other things he said.
I am not trying to blast the OP but at this point we all must understand what is going on.

So here,
Orders blower back in 6/2008
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/road-side-pub-17/499070-eaton-stage-5-port.html

7/2008 talks about racing someone and how his car "Hooks up"
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/road-kill-drive-thru-34/507595-iam-pissed.html

9/2008 Talks about spray bar and feeling the difference. Never returns with Dyno #s
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/engine-tuning-214/529394-nitrous-spray-bar-heat-exchanger.html

10/2008 Ask about cams. For someone who claims to know a lot he doesn't know shit.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/engine-tuning-214/533920-what-type-cams-should-i-buy.html

11/2008 Ask about low psi, Look at the responses, Never says if he fixed it or not.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/540550-help-only-12lbs-boost.html

2/2009
Goes to meet, Post 12 says he never noticed a difference with the spray bar. (Not what he said earlier)
Post 17 says his Stage 5 working well and beat all other cars.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...9/571737-svtp-virginia-get-together-pics.html

Now in the Steig thread he says he contacted Travis in 11/2009.

So the blower has been on for 1 1/2 years?
WTF.

So even though a plate problem exist you start this crap 1 1/2 years after you bought a blower with a 1 year warranty, Bob still offers to replace it and you do this?
Not once that I can find did he ever have any questions about the tuning issues or blower issues till now?
With all the Tech info here it was never brought up?
I will not say my opinion of how this started.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
The only bs is you baning a guy for being involved in a thread over this. Maybee he didn't wanna post it for legal reasons idk? I do know the stage 5 problem is real and fellow svt people need to know about this. I always thought you were cool Larry heck Ive been on here years and you know I don't get involved in threads like this unless I have a facts.

He posted several times that he was told not to post it. He never had anything ready to post. I asked him to email it to me. But he had more excuses. His excuse was he was told not to post it by Sid.
If that's the case why didn't he post it after he was clearly given permission. He never said anything about legal reasons. Not once.

:nonono: Come on now. Open your eyes. Being involved is NOT why he was banned. Look how many members are involved in this thread and against Stieg and they didn't get banned.

Must be another reason, don't you think.;-)
I never once said there wasn't a problem with the blowers. Not once.
That's why this thread is still here. FOR THE MEMBERS.:beer:

PS: latemodelracer2, you're a long time member and I respect your opinion. :beer: I may not totally agree with it. But I still respect it.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
i removed that plate before i installed it because i was going to install a lower pulley

iBiTe03

Established Member
He tried to convince me that the plate making noise was just cavitation due to my 2.76/4 pulley ratio. I then told him I was sending it back make it right which he did but ultimatly was the plate really worth me pulling the eaton twice. I'm leaning towards no now and maybee for his sake he will be too.

There should be a recall on all the blower plates, kinda like Toyota is doing lol...

I think the plate should be discontinued because it really shows no power improvement.

black 10th vert

Established Member
i removed that plate before i installed it because i was going to install a lower pulley

I see by your sig. that you are running a stage 4, so how did you have a plate to remove? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the plate IS what makes a stage 5, a stage 5...

Not doubting you, because maybe you just didn't change your sig. to reflect the blower change/upgrade?:??: Please clarify, though.

black 10th vert

Established Member
There should be a recall on all the blower plates, kinda like Toyota is doing lol...

I think the plate should be discontinued because it really shows no power improvement.

I agree with this - especially if it has been shown to not have substantial benefit. Has anyone done a before/after dyno measurement after removing the plate with no other changes? I have asked about removal of the plate at least 3 times in this thread, and for some reason, nobody ever comments on that!:shrug:

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
i removed the plate with a disk grinder and it went from a stage 5 to stage 4.

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
He posted several times that he was told not to post it. He never had anything ready to post. I asked him to email it to me. But he had more excuses. His excuse was he was told not to post it by Sid.
If that's the case why didn't he post it after he was clearly given permission. He never said anything about legal reasons. Not once.

:nonono: Come on now. Open your eyes. Being involved is NOT why he was banned. Look how many members are involved in this thread and against Stieg and they didn't get banned.

Must be another reason, don't you think.;-)
I never once said there wasn't a problem with the blowers. Not once.
That's why this thread is still here. FOR THE MEMBERS.:beer:

PS: latemodelracer2, you're a long time member and I respect your opinion. :beer: I may not totally agree with it. But I still respect it.

I see your point... Maybee for his sake he will come through with a reason he cant or post the video. My main involvment in this thread is like others, to raise awareness of a problem that is easily corrected. Thanks Larry, hopefully Ill be around the SVT world for a long time.

Now back to the regularly scheduled programing. :beer:

mrose75

Established Member
Coming soon to a forum near you.....

PORTED BLOWER WARS!!!!

Steggy or Posi...?? Choose now but choose wisely!!!!!!

WTF??? Are you people serious? At first it was a "this is what happened to me" post that turned into something school girls do during recess. Let's address the issue. Yeah, I'd be pissed if my sh!t looked like that, too so I understand he OP. But if it hasn't happened to you, then STFU and read. Username 1 bashing username 2, I thought there was a forum for that kinda BS, but last time I checked this was the Terminator Talk forum.

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
Coming soon to a forum near you.....

PORTED BLOWER WARS!!!!

Steggy or Posi...?? Choose now but choose wisely!!!!!!

WTF??? Are you people serious? At first it was a "this is what happened to me" post that turned into something school girls do during recess. Let's address the issue. Yeah, I'd be pissed if my sh!t looked like that, too so I understand he OP. But if it hasn't happened to you, then STFU and read. Username 1 bashing username 2, I thought there was a forum for that kinda BS, but last time I checked this was the Terminator Talk forum.

according to your sig you might need to read through alll this before making your install.:coolman:

buddha93

Established Member

:lol1:

Kinda the point I was trying to make in my first post. At the point in time you have a previous customer call you and you verify that he has one of these early design pieces, I would think it would be a no brainer to help fix the problem and offer a simple apology right there on the spot.

Whatever conversation did or didn't happen, taped or not taped, at this point who really gives a crap? The bottom line is some of these early plate/port designs are jacked up and Steig and his staff should be expecting customers with those units calling them for repair work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread