Steering shaft issue

usmctora

Established Member
I bought a 93 coupe not too long ago, and it seems that the steering shaft comes in contact with the aftermarket shorty headers that are on it. Everytime I make a turn I can feel it in the steering wheel. What aftermarket steering shaft can i buy to make the clearance?

Thanks guys,

Stephen

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
I bought a 93 coupe not too long ago, and it seems that the steering shaft comes in contact with the aftermarket shorty headers that are on it. Everytime I make a turn I can feel it in the steering wheel. What aftermarket steering shaft can i buy to make the clearance?

Thanks guys,

Stephen

You could just put a small ding in the header where it makes contact.

usmctora

Established Member
Thanks Larry, appreciate it. Props to you, one of my good friends, SWThomas, used to talk about the great lightning advice you gave.

MFE

Established Member
You can also loosen the nuts under the steering column and shift it to the drivers side slightly.

rw93cobra

Established Member
I believe it's flaming river that makes a "low profile" steering shaft that has better clearance than the factory shaft. I had 1 3/4" bbk full length headers on my 93 lx before going the turbo route. With the factory shaft, it rubbed the headers but with the flaming river shaft, it cleared fine.

Users who are viewing this thread