Steering shaft bolt size??

SFuller

Looking for the size of the bolt that holds the steering rack to the steering shaft. If anyone has this info post or email me.

Thanks!!!!

svtguy

Established Member
Steve. The bolt thread size and thread pitch? Or the head of the bolt socket size?

I don't know, but I can look at my car and let you know.

Paul.

SFuller

Paul,

Thanks for the offer. I got the bolt size this afternoon. It's a 10mm x 1.5 x 35 mm bolt. I lost my bolt in the garage when I was working on the suspension stuff. I bought a new bolt today, and then found the original one while I was crawling around under the car. :)

Thanks for answering. How is the R doing? :)

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Originally posted by SFuller
Paul,

.... I bought a new bolt today, and then found the original one while I was crawling around under the car. :)

Isn't that the way it goes sometimes? Glad you got it hooked back in though

SFuller

Yeah. That's usually how it is. :) Good news is that the car started up properly and there's no weird noises :D. I think I have an exhaust leak around the passenger side header to x pipe gasket. I'll let the dealer look at that tomorrow when I take it in for an alignment, then off to Illinois for the rest of the suspension work. :burnout:

svtguy

Established Member
Originally posted by SFuller
Paul,

Thanks for answering. How is the R doing? :)

You're welcome. "How is the R doing?" Steve, we are in IOWA, it is in the garage collecting DUST! But, next month, road america. A.K.A.-no more dust.

Paul.

Users who are viewing this thread