Steering question on an '11

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
I recently traded in my '10 for an '11 PP Shelby, and I noticed a huge difference in the way the steering feels. The '11 is really smooth, but at high speeds its almost too loose. Tonight on the way home from work I got it up to about 80 and I don't know if its the tires or what, but I was all over my lane. Is this normal or is there something wrong? :shrug:

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
My 11' steering is smooth and has no problems at high speeds.

heatsoaked12

Established Member
This could be how our cars handle different roads.My 12 does the same thing on uneven roads. Also without mentioning this to a tire shop when I was at the store,the manager mentioned how good years are all over the road. One more thing for you to check is your steering FEEL setting, I personally like "sport" best as the wheel feels tightest in this mode.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
11 doesn't have steering feel modes. Came in 2012.

BLK03SVT

Mike
Established Member
There is a TSB out to correct electronic steering shudder/wander problems on early production 2011's. The dealer will reprogram to correct the problem.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Basics first like tire pressure and wear. You sure the alignment is good too?

03reptile

Established Member
I had an 11. It has the electric steering. As mentioned previously, KISS: check tire presures, and the basics. I never experienced any issues, but there is a TSB on reprogramming the EPASS and my bet is that will solve your problem.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
No problems with mine. However, I did have to have the EPAS replaced soon after I bought the car because it would fail intermittently and became more frequent. I could always tell when it was about to fail because it would give a tug to the left and then the power steering would go completely out. Ever since the replacement, I haven't had a single problem.

alan0614

Established Member
Just got mine, it is an early 11. Having the TSB attended to this Friday. It seems to wander just a bit on certain roads. The alignment is spot on. Hopefully the reflash of the computer will correct the issue.

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
Just got mine, it is an early 11. Having the TSB attended to this Friday. It seems to wander just a bit on certain roads. The alignment is spot on. Hopefully the reflash of the computer will correct the issue.

Let me know your results. Also, how did you know yours needed the TSB?

Users who are viewing this thread