Steeda Jacking Rails

Coz

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't have a Boss but the installation on my 2014 Mustang GT was straightforward and easy. I did it with the front end on RaceRamps.

The jacking rails do not extend all the way to the rear wheel well specifically to accommodate the side exhaust for the Boss.

I love the rails and the ability to jack either a front corner or a whole side without using the hockey puck pinch rail adapters.

I'm not sure if they provide any additional benefit to handling but they certainly did not add any additional NVH.

KBBoss302

Established Member
Steeda jacking rails are excellent for the Boss. Makes life so much easier when jacking the car up - you can just feel for the rail with your hand and line up the jack with it and then start jacking. No leaning over on your hands and knees to make sure you are putting the jack in the right spot. I have had them on a Boss, a Focus RS, and a GT350 and wish Steeda made them for more cars because they really help the home mechanic so much.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Jacking rails were hugely popular with ‘03 & ‘04 Cobras for the same reason. They WORKED! Very smart to use them on your Boss. You’ll be very pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I don't have a Boss but the installation on my 2014 Mustang GT was straightforward and easy. I did it with the front end on RaceRamps.

The jacking rails do not extend all the way to the rear wheel well specifically to accommodate the side exhaust for the Boss.

I love the rails and the ability to jack either a front corner or a whole side without using the hockey puck pinch rail adapters.

I'm not sure if they provide any additional benefit to handling but they certainly did not add any additional NVH.

How is it trying to get 4 wheels off the ground? Is there room for a jackstand on the rear end of the rails, they seem fairly short.

Coz

Established Member
Premium Member
How is it trying to get 4 wheels off the ground? Is there room for a jackstand on the rear end of the rails, they seem fairly short.
I never tried putting in on 4 jackstands.

While I guess it is easy enough to raise one side and put jackstands under that side, I don't think it would safe to then jack up the other side. I would think you'd have to be careful not to be off center (more accurately, out of balance) or you have the risk of it shifting on the jackstands.

As far as jackstand placement, I would use them under the axle or on the rear pinch weld area. But I'm not sure how that works on a Boss with the side exhaust.

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
I use them on an 08 S197. As noted, they don't extend back terribly far. This makes them great for lifting the front up. But, to get the back wheel off the ground, you have to put the jack at the rear-most part of the rail and lift the entire side of the car pretty high. It would only work for all four wheels if you placed the rear jack stands under the axle once you used the jacking rail to get the car up; trying to use the rails only for all four jackstands would be bad.

Even on my two post lift, I can use the rails for the front arms only; for the back arms, I have to use the body mounting point for the lower control arms. If they made rails that extended from front wheel to back, it would be better, at least for us folks that don't have side exhaust.

Race Red Boss

Established Member
I use them on an 08 S197. As noted, they don't extend back terribly far. This makes them great for lifting the front up. But, to get the back wheel off the ground, you have to put the jack at the rear-most part of the rail and lift the entire side of the car pretty high. It would only work for all four wheels if you placed the rear jack stands under the axle once you used the jacking rail to get the car up; trying to use the rails only for all four jackstands would be bad.

Even on my two post lift, I can use the rails for the front arms only; for the back arms, I have to use the body mounting point for the lower control arms. If they made rails that extended from front wheel to back, it would be better, at least for us folks that don't have side exhaust.

That's a bummer. I wanted these jacking rails specifically so I could use a two post lift I have access to. So you're saying you can't get the rear arms of the lift on the back end of the jacking rails?

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
That's a bummer. I wanted these jacking rails specifically so I could use a two post lift I have access to. So you're saying you can't get the rear arms of the lift on the back end of the jacking rails?

No, I can't. My two post lift is asymmetrical, so the rear arms are longer. There is no way to shorten them enough.

Even if your lift is symmetrical, you probably couldn't get the arms on the rail . . . and you wouldn't want to, IMO. The jacking rails stop just past halfway. Any attempt to lift the car up by the rails only is going to have your lift points very close together and likely without enough support at the rear.

Race Red Boss

Established Member
No, I can't. My two post lift is asymmetrical, so the rear arms are longer. There is no way to shorten them enough.

Even if your lift is symmetrical, you probably couldn't get the arms on the rail . . . and you wouldn't want to, IMO. The jacking rails stop just past halfway. Any attempt to lift the car up by the rails only is going to have your lift points very close together and likely without enough support at the rear.

Ok, thanks for the info.

Rich B.

Have a set of the Steeda’s but always have something better to do than install. Read about nightmares of crushed side pipes- dealership has no idea they exist and how car needs to go up on platform lift or not at all. Keep an eye on them but they are eventually trainable.

Won’t allow them to change air bags either. No problem with northern climate and again screwups with steering wheel or dash panel remove and reinstall. Must have 100+ TSB’s from Ford, a complete collection. Know personally of ‘13 Contour had front-ender and existing air bag worked perfect up here in ME.

Too, use a rubber puck with slot for floor jack to rotate tires on Buick, it works. Has the weld seam same jackup idea. Don’t want to crush the rain drains along those.

railroad

Established Member
I just put a set of the Steeda jacking rails on my 13.
I have a 2 post lift and have not put the car up on it yet, but do not see a problem.
Installation was easy after getting the car in the air.
Hated to add more weight to the car, but did not want to risk getting the bottom of the car mangled on tire changes etc.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Have you thought about getting some sub frame connectors instead?

Users who are viewing this thread