Steeda Clutch quade kit install.

03SVT

Established Member
Has anyone installed this? I purchased the whole kit but the cable does not look like it will work on the 03 along with the Firewall adjuster.

Thanks

03SVT

Established Member
Thankd for the info.

I think I have the douple quad. Hade too places to connect the end of the cable.

I have the cable as well from Steeda.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
Personally, I like the UPR firewall adjuster b/c of the jam nut. I had the Steeda first, then just bought the F/W adjuster for the 98. Yesterday, I ordered the new UPR adjuster and quadrant. I'm staying with the stock cable though. I'll probably do a write up when I install it. The new unit looks like the jam nut won't catch on the set screws, but I won't know for sure until it gets here.

Oh yeah, when I installed the Steeda quadrant, I had to shim it with 1/2" washers to keep it from moving side to side on the mounting posts. The UPR looks to be the same.

Ashentep

Established Member
Originally posted by BBriBro
I had the quick ratio quadrant first, and it didn't work so well with the stock cable, I exchanged it for the double hook quadrant, and it's great now !!

I use the quick release quadrant on my '01 Cobra and it works great. I haven't had any trouble with it what so ever, and have at least 1/2" clearance to the valve cover. Maybe the clutch betwen the '01 and '03 Cobras are different enough to cause this change. :shrug:

To the original question:
I wouldn't use the adjustable cable. They are known to snap after a while.

Users who are viewing this thread