Steeda CAI vs. JLT CAI

kbroush

Established Member
Im looking at getting a cold air intake for my boss. Which one do you guys prefer and why? I will either get the Steeda or JLT carbon fiber cold air intake. Thanks in advance.

Erick

Established Member
I have the JLT but I really don't think you can go wrong with either. Both are high quality and well engineered. I've had JLT intakes in my past vehicles and I'm brand loyal. Nothing against Steeda though. I also recommend the JLT oil separator.

Tucker

We are here on the forums and support our product 100%. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
BTW, you can use SVTP5% code on our site for a SVTP discount.

Thanks
Jay

NJSP117

Established Member
We are here on the forums and support our product 100%. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
BTW, you can use SVTP5% code on our site for a SVTP discount.

Thanks
Jay

Jay,
After installing a CAI on a boss, do you recommend a tune as well? Will the car run too lean without it? I've never run a CAI without a tune in a GT500, but seeing as the Boss is naturally aspirated, I wasn't sure of the difference. Please advise....
Thanks
Bill

ArabianOak

Established Member
I had the JLT on my GT 5.0 and it was most excellent with a lund tune. Huge performance increase...

I now have the Steeda CAI on my boss with the aed tune and it is insane as well.

The only reason i went with Steeda is because they have the 101mm adapter...not sure if JLT does...both great products and great service.

NJSP117

Established Member
I had the JLT on my GT 5.0 and it was most excellent with a lund tune. Huge performance increase...

I now have the Steeda CAI on my boss with the aed tune and it is insane as well.

The only reason i went with Steeda is because they have the 101mm adapter...not sure if JLT does...both great products and great service.

Good to know! Thanks for the info.

tj@steeda

Established Member
Thanks for the great feedback!

You can't go wrong with either piece, they are very well pieces to take your Boss to the next level.

PM sent.

Best Regards,

TJ

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
STB-1.gif

Steeda is an excellent well built CAI that maintains the ram air input from the bottom of the airbox.

kbroush

Established Member
Thanks everyone for the quick feedback! Im still undecided but will purchase one soon. Both look great so it might be a coin toss. I may look for a intake/scal3 package. Thanks agan.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
20JLT%20CAI%20-%20SVTPerformance&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fi294.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fm...-17-30_688.jpg

Is your airbox/shield this CHEESY???????? if so, that's pathetic.....:kaboom:

IMAG1092.gif

^^^^^THIS is how you make an airbox with ram air(Steeda):rockon:.................wow, you guys will buy anything. LOL.

Oh wow steeda uses their own ram air scoop? Tell me more on how it's better then just using the factory scoop. Jlt uses the factory scoop. Get over yourself you steeda nut swinger it's just an intake lol

Last edited:

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Oh wow steeda uses their own ram air scoop? Tell me more on how it's better then just using the factory scoop. Jlt uses the factory scoop. Get over yourself you steeda nut swinger it's just an intake lol

:lol:
HEmad.jpg

Guess the noisy MAF signal on the JLT is ok with you too???? All you JLT nutswingers are the same!:poke:
head-up-ass.jpg

gif.gif

:-D

Last edited:

Tucker

And those who spend so much time trashing a brand, posting pictures in every thread on every forum are something too, huh?

Don't forget, the Steeda is $90 more than the JLT and make 0 more power. So some want to save money and some don't. In the end they will both be just as fast.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
:lol:
HEmad.jpg

Guess the noisy MAF signal on the JLT is ok with you too???? All you JLT nutswingers are the same!:poke:
head-up-ass.jpg

gif.gif

:-D

How am I mad you're the one that jumped all over my simple post with your pictures. So it seems like you're the mad bro.
Well you can talk to Shaun at AED about how hard it was to tune my car with the jlt. He didn't have any issues and my car runs like a raped ape. So you go ahead and have fun with your gift to god of an intake that has its own superior ram air scoop that's no better then the jlt. Just like tucker said your intake doesn't make any more power then mine. You paid $90 more for what? The more crap that you had to install. That intake looks like it has 20 pieces to it.

Last edited:

Tucker

Not mad at all, I just think it's pathetic that some go through such measures to be negative toward a product they don't even use, fighting for a product that doesn't make any more power and costs 30% more.

Users who are viewing this thread